Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would come to grass drags in the Gimli area if we found some private property or not to race on ? I'm going to talk to the Gimli industrial development group to see if we could mabye have a yearly thing near the race track. Try to bring some races back to the Gimli area. I don't know how this will fly with them, but its worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
:div20: We would definately come. From my area you could count on probably 12 sleds plus!

the biggest hurdle you will come up against is insurance.
Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just make sure the date doesn't land on the same days as the ONLY TWO other grass drags in MB which are (in Oct)....
...Woodlands on the Thanksgiving weekend and Portage the following weekend (both on Saturdays, which is better than a Sun race day IMO).

Maybe a late September Sat :dunno:

·
Registered
38 Posts
the race would be 'like in a couple of weeks 'since every inch of land in Riverton is farm land 'so we figured Gimli would be easier "'especially since i finally ported my exaust ports today which i refused to do until that 600 rev *%&^$#@ I also welded all seams on my pipes and painted them today so i'm anxious to go again !and i will take out the 1.75 gears 'and save them for the trail!!!!!!!stay real/ stay sic?k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Originally posted by ves/700@Oct 16 2005, 11:59 PM
the race would be 'like in a couple of weeks 'since every inch of land in Riverton is farm land 'so we figured Gimli would be easier "'especially since i finally ported my exaust ports today which i refused to do until that 600 rev *%&^$#@ I also welded all seams on my pipes and painted them today so i'm anxious to go again !and i will take out the 1.75 gears 'and save them for the trail!!!!!!!stay real/ stay sic?k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=934416
[/quote]
I was thinking this was an idea for next year....let us know ASAP before everyone puts their sled into trail (SNOW) mode.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as insurance goes, If it was on private property and everyone signed a wavier that would cover all our butts right ? I'm going scouting today if I can sneak away from my skidsteer long enough. Darn this **** building is cutting into my racing big time. Missed two races already because of this. :(

·
Registered
968 Posts
Let me know if you need some help Willie. I'm there for sure :beer:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by NotStk@Oct 17 2005, 06:27 AM
As far as insurance goes, If it was on private property and everyone signed a wavier that would cover all our butts right ? I'm going scouting today if I can sneak away from my skidsteer long enough. Darn this **** building is cutting into my racing big time. Missed two races already because of this. :(
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=934557
[/quote]

Actually a waiver wont do diddly in court. But, we are sue happy people!
Talk to Bill Lagner a see how they pulled it off in Portage.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm in :banana:

·
Registered
38 Posts
willie let me know as soon as possible 'if you find a spot' if not i will 'scout around Riverton deeper'since there is at least a month and a half if not two months before we get snow,and i think cooler weather with dew on the grass would make the sleds alot faster and consistent!And remember if it isn't wide open or full blast your not getting your money's worth!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm going to talk to the Motorsports park and there is another place just across from Aspen park that might be good. The race track will probally want a cut on the entry fees though making it more spendy for us. I'll keep you guys posted later today on how its going. Dean I'll call you later, same you Barret. Later.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
As usual I will be there with my Minolta and also to provide comic relief between heats :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Talked to the Gimli industrial development group today, the guy who is in charge of the track is on holidays intil November. F%^$ !! But I am talking to the airport manager tomorrow and trying to get it set up between the runway and the taxi way. That should be awesome. I don't know about insurance though, we might need it. Got to talk to Bill or James to see what they did, I just gotta get their numbers.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
that would be for insurane against injury,or for getting run over by a plane :doh:
JUST KIDDING

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
If you are concerned about insurance, talk to the people in Shoal Lake. They put their races on thru the RMs insurace.
I will send you a pm in regards to what Portage did. What they did wont work for you if you are planning on using the airstrip.

You guys build the race and we will come! Just give us a min of 2 weeks notice!

Keep us posted!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts