Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from Western NY know the dates of Bucks grass drag races in October .....
Any info would be helpful....

Thanks a bunch.......

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Try COSDRA, search engine, they are the sanctioning body. Believe they are the 8th and 9th of October. Seneca Falls is the following weekend.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Catattack, you be right. Got all the info I needed...

Think Snow and Happy Trails !!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Bill, I searched Bucks Motor sports and nothing came up :dunno:
Catattack helped me out, cause I wasn't sure of what division it fell under......

You going next weekend ??? I might blaze up there Saturday after work, cause I gotta teach the Youth sled safety course Sunday.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Thinking of going this weekend. Has anyone gone in past years? Are there many vendors?, need my supply of oil, etc. Would it be worth the trip.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Went down to Bucks Motor sports with the family today. No racing when we were there guess it was to wet or something. Said they were going to run on Sunday. We were there until about noon on Saturday so things may have changed throughout the day. Bought some Ski Doo clothing at 20% off , most stuff was on sale just had to ask if it was. They had a few vendors but not that many. These folks miss a great chance to get all the area riders to spend there cash and they miss it every time. Hope someday someone will host a event and bring on the vendors in a large way. Its a long way to Novi or Toronto, we are just starved in this area for a big event. Anyone else feel the same way?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Originally posted by longspur@Oct 8 2005, 10:43 PM
Went down to Bucks Motor sports with the family today. No racing when we were there guess it was to wet or something. Said they were going to run on Sunday. We were there until about noon on Saturday so things may have changed throughout the day. Bought some Ski Doo clothing at 20% off , most stuff was on sale just had to ask if it was. They had a few vendors but not that many. These folks miss a great chance to get all the area riders to spend there cash and they miss it every time. Hope someday someone will host a event and bring on the vendors in a large way. Its a long way to Novi or Toronto, we are just starved in this area for a big event. Anyone else feel the same way?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917213
[/quote]

Yep...I havent been in 3 yrs. I only live about 25 mins away...To me they were/are trying to do too many other things...I went there and they were doing 4wheeler pulls,which went on and on..There was a few runs at the track, that was it.. I was like wtf. I saw an ad for this yrs and see they were gonna do tractor pulls too, and have all this entertainment etc...If they are going to promote it as Grass drags, then thats what they should do...Not this other bs
The only vendor there is themselves.. I get that its their place, but i mean bring some other people in, and get some variety going. Cant you all work together?
I loved the Marilla show,nothing but drags all day. With a good amt of vendors there...Too bad it moved to Seneca Falls....

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The New York State championships moved to Salisbury Center this year, the rights to the name were bought out by the Powersled Racing Orginization, or PRO for short. The race coming up in Seneca Falls is the Woodys Challenge, the race started on the Ice, now is on grass, moves from place to place to place. They should have left Marilla alone, there were very few racers at the state chamspionships, One (1) vendor selling nascar stuff, we drove 200 miles to compete, entered the pro classes, had 4 sleds in both classes, spent over 300 bucks for gas, registrations, and the other stuff it takes to race, well it kicked our race budget in the pants for the rest of the season! Hope they bring the race to a more central location in the state next year, hopefully not just my opinion.
Ted Loveland, Catattack Racing.

·
Registered
631 Posts
What is more Central than Central NY? Is Rochester or Marilla more central? Besides Marilla's track was not the best conditions last year. There was a ditch around 100 feet, a swamp in shutdown and finished in the dark. You are right that the sled count was low, but the race wasn't promoted very well and the bonus money was non existant. Location wasn't the problem, payout was.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts