Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking of getting a GPS how and where can i wire one in and where do you place it on the sled

·
Registered
920 Posts
garmin etrex vista. you can pick up lithiums at any drugstore in my area. they are almost a must were they are the only battery that will survive the cold temps.

get the bicycle mount you can install it on your bars for easy viewing all the time. it will not come off even under the roughest conditions.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Originally posted by ucop27@Oct 10 2005, 07:28 PM
You can find them at any grocery/pharmacy store. As for a gps I use the MAP76C and love it, the lithium batteries are made to work in the cold weather.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=920646
[/quote]
Lithium - are they rechargeable??? Is there a big difference when using these versus alkaline? Thanks
How long does your Legend last on a cold day?...Thanks

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Originally posted by stuca@Oct 10 2005, 04:08 PM
i'm thinking of getting a GPS how and where can i wire one in and where do you place it on the sled
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=920416
[/quote]

Power it off your sleds battery. Mount a cig lighter receptacle and run a fused wire up to it. If you get a smaller (handheld) GPS I would suggest mounting it on your handlebars so it is easier to view and if you go with a larger screened one mount it on your dash. Also another suggestion would be to get the Marinco locking plug setup.

Here's what mine looks like...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by Hammer69@Oct 10 2005, 07:32 PM
Lithium - are they rechargeable??? Is there a big difference when using these versus alkaline? Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=920658
[/quote]

I don't think they are rechargeable. Yes there is a big difference when using the lithium batteries, alkaline batteries will go dead in the cold, the lithiums won't. I played around with my gps at the end of last year, I had no problems going all day on a set of batteries, but its a good idea to bring an extra set. This year I think I am going to buy the polaris outlet and run the gps from the sled this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts