Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is what I have it narrowed down to! Any other ideas will be taken into great consideration
If anyone that has a REV chassis could you please post a pic on how yours is mounted. Thanks a bunch -Dave

1HERE

2HERE

3HERE

4HERE

5HERE

Since theres NO snow I wanna make sure I get the right one for my needs. Again thanx for all your help! :div20:

I ride 100% of the time in Michigans Lower and Upper Trails 2 tracks logging rds ETC...

Also Can you get a software package with it that shows all roads & two tracks? Also I would like a unit that allows you to merge all your tracks into one map. FYI

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Dave, I hope I haven't replied too late. Do yourself a favor. Go with the Garmin. If for no other reason, because all of the "talent" that is available here on the GPS forum to help you along the way. I am on my second Garmin, and trust me I could have anything I want including some really big name brands that I pro staff for and could have for free. I REALLY love my Garmin. Easy to use, very much dialed in for our needs. Their mapping systems are easy to use and learn. RWS here on this forum has gone out of his way and created a incredible map of the U.P. trails from a compilation of tracks that riders have submitted to him. I've downloaded his map and spent many hours studying it against paper maps and from what I can tell, it's spot on. All easy to do.

With that said, if there is any way possible with room, go with the 276c. If not, I kinda like the looks and capabilities of the 60csx if I was in the market.

Once you learn and ride with GPS, you'll wonder how you ever rode with out it. If nothing else, it makes a already fun hobby that much more fasinating !!

Good luck, Walt

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dave, I hope I haven't replied too late. Do yourself a favor. Go with the Garmin. If for no other reason, because all of the "talent" that is available here on the GPS forum to help you along the way. I am on my second Garmin, and trust me I could have anything I want including some really big name brands that I pro staff for and could have for free. I REALLY love my Garmin. Easy to use, very much dialed in for our needs. Their mapping systems are easy to use and learn. RWS here on this forum has gone out of his way and created a incredible map of the U.P. trails from a compilation of tracks that riders have submitted to him. I've downloaded his map and spent many hours studying it against paper maps and from what I can tell, it's spot on. All easy to do.

With that said, if there is any way possible with room, go with the 276c. If not, I kinda like the looks and capabilities of the 60csx if I was in the market.

Once you learn and ride with GPS, you'll wonder how you ever rode with out it. If nothing else, it makes a already fun hobby that much more fasinating !!

Good luck, Walt[/b]
Thanks Walt for all your time on this subject. But Me and a friend have decided to go with the Lowrance
brand. Got a few friends who I have talked to and they just love the unit. I know Garmin is good
and have heard a lot of good things about them, But I have made my decision. Thanks again -Dave

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Thanks Walt for all your time on this subject. But Me and a friend have decided to go with the Lowrance
brand. Got a few friends who I have talked to and they just love the unit. I know Garmin is good
and have heard a lot of good things about them, But I have made my decision. Thanks again -Dave[/b]
At least if you're going with your #1 up above it's a color unit :div20:
Lowrance is a very trusted name on the water. It's what most of my buddies run. Myself, I run all Raymarine gear. If I had it all over to do and wasn't in the position that I'm in I would most likely go all Garmin on the boat as well.

Keep us posted as to how it works out for you. My only concern is that you won't find much help here if you get into a bind or would want to take advantage of the mapping that is now starting to get compiled by the fine folks here.

Again, good luck. I see GPScity is out of stock on that particular unit ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.