1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 ZR 9000 Ltd and 2020 Thundercat 9000
993 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Can you still get the handlebar pad? I hate that goofy rubber thing they put on there. Can't tell you how many times i've pulled them off my buddy's sleds and tossed them in the woods :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
‘20 XRS 900 Turbo ‘22 ThunderCat EPS
135 Posts
Anyone know what setup this is? Screen shot is from a YouTube video. I thought it looked like a nice setup. View attachment 2123181

Took these photos at the Big East Powersports Show back on Oct 1st of the new Garmin setup Arctic Cat is offering this season. The Garmin looks like a factory install and mounts nicely behind the gauge pod and uses factory wiring.

Automotive tire Hood Light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Shoe Vehicle Photograph Automotive tire Light

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks nice. Is it too small?
Looks nice. Is it too small?
Actually I liked it as it is larger and the screen is so much more brilliant than the current GPS I use which is the Garmin Montana off my Skidoo. I’m thinking of buying it and adding it to the new T-Cat when it comes in.

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
230 Posts
Not cheap though IMO. $650 usd for unit and trail mount.

I had a similar set up in the exact same place on a Viper. $30 Garmin Nuvi from eBay and maybe $40 CAD in Ram Mount stuff. Eventually I found it too small from that distance and hard to reach forward to adjust on a bumpy trail. Ended up using a couple scrap pieces of aluminum and mounting it right to the top of the handlebar riser. Perfect spot for access and visibility.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not cheap though IMO. $650 usd for unit and trail mount.

I had a similar set up in the exact same place on a Viper. $30 Garmin Nuvi from eBay and maybe $40 CAD in Ram Mount stuff. Eventually I found it too small from that distance and hard to reach forward to adjust on a bumpy trail. Ended up using a couple scrap pieces of aluminum and mounting it right to the top of the handlebar riser. Perfect spot for access and visibility.
Yeah... You have a point, It’s not cheap.. But what involving snowmobiles is.. 😁 Right now my plan is this pictured below with my Garmin Montana i currently use on my Skidoo. I already have an old Ram mount from my ’09 Skidoo that I used my Garmin Montana with. This setup will put the GPS very close and easier to see and reach.

Any thoughts On this setup?

Sky Tree Plant Vehicle Glove

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
230 Posts
Yeah... You have a point, It’s not cheap.. But what involving snowmobiles is.. 😁 Right now my plan is this pictured below with my Garmin Montana i currently use on my Skidoo. I already have an old Ram mount from my ’09 Skidoo that I used my Garmin Montana with. This setup will put the GPS very close and easier to see and reach.

Any thoughts On this setup?
You are right. Things add up in this sport. Lol.

That setup is exactly what I was describing. I just modified the plastic steering post cover and mounted the holder right to the steering.
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
135 Posts
You are right. Things add up in this sport. Lol.

That setup is exactly what I was describing. I just modified the plastic steering post cover and mounted the holder right to the steering.
View attachment 2123188
Yup. Looks nice... I’m going to try that mount placement first.. I like that it’s much closer and one won’t have to reach over the handlebars and at my age closer is better. 😂. Thanks for the photo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts