Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a garmin 60cx. apparently i need to buy a map. garmin has three maps listed on their website which might be close to what i need: topo canada, metroguide canada and city navigator north america. gonna use this primarily for snowmobiling, anyone know which would be the best one to get? for use mainly in northern sask and the odd b.c. mountain trip.

·
Registered
227 Posts
speaking of gps. which is a good gps for under $100..i primarily want speed and distance travelled and a clock . A map would be wonderful to but doubt it for that price. am i right? and whats a good name brand or are all gps handhelds accurate and good?

·
Registered
161 Posts
just got a garmin 60cx. apparently i need to buy a map. garmin has three maps listed on their website which might be close to what i need: topo canada, metroguide canada and city navigator north america. gonna use this primarily for snowmobiling, anyone know which would be the best one to get? for use mainly in northern sask and the odd b.c. mountain trip.[/b]

Definately the TOPO, I'm getting a 76Cx and that's one I will be ordering. It will be better for cross country

·
Registered
139 Posts
Definitely TOPO Canada. I have a 60 CS. It works great. You have to be zoomed in a lot to get details (like secondary roads, small lakes, etc.). I guess there's only so much you can put on that small of a screen. AND, if you get a handlebar mounting kit for your sled, I recommend the RAM mount. A little pricey, but very good quality.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've got a magellan gps with the topo map. I'm imagine they're similar in detail. I've also got streets and destinations for it. There's no comparison between the two. The topo shows majour power lines some pipelines small lakes even slews in the fields. Practiacally every bush trail that was visable from a satelite from a couple of years back is on there too. Might be a little extra money but definately worth it.

Ryan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys. topo it is, i guess. now i just need to know disc or sd card. where is a good place/price to get something like this. a friend picked up my gps at walmart, i guess that might be a good place to look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts