Hardcore Sledder banner

61 - 80 of 2368 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm more worried about getting hit by a falling satellite, being eaten by an alligator or maybe, losing everything I have ever worked for & have......... 60 million people had H1N1 & 18K (ish) people died 10 yrs ago in just the U.S. alone......no mentions or thoughts of shutting EVERYTHING down & RUINING a great economy. If you want sickness, depression, famine & disease just stomp out a good economic system & watch. Sad but this is probably the new norm.
Maybe the sky will stop falling soon I hope & we can get back to "work".

The joke is that some people discovered that they should wash their hands & not be up in everyone's grill.......no shit.

I think your facts might be a little off. There were 12469 deaths. Which if you look at that, Italy will probably surpass that number shortly. Also the 2009-2010 H1N1 was not a new virus, there had been previous exposures so some of the population(over 60) had some resistance. This is a brand new one that no human has resistance to. Of course some of them will be fine. And again let us remember Italy has been on lockdown and they are still probably going to surpass the death toll of H1N1 in the US. So a country 5 times the size of Italy, and Italy will lose as many. Can we speculate that COV-19 is 5 times as deadly as H1N1? If that is the case US death toll could end up at 60,000? Let us once again remember Italy is seeing a 5 times as deadly result after taking some pretty extreme measures( would it be 10 times if no measures taken?). The two countries that have seemed to have beaten this, are China and South Korea. China went on complete lock down. South Korea used some pretty extreme surveillance/tracking(they used thermal imaging all over the place, and then once a confirmed case came out, they would track that persons cell phone locations and send notifications out to others who had been in close proximity). I think we aren't being told the full story, I think there are some folks that know how bad this could get if left unchecked.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I think Fauci is going to recommend later than sooner which my lead to him getting fired. I doubt he cares because he has to do what he feels is right for the nations health. Honestly I am not sure the decison will be up to Whitehouse. They did't close the states the states Governors did so you would think they will open up areas as they see fit.
You are 100% correct it falls on the Governors to make these calls. Trump is right when he says normally the states handle supplies, building new hospitals, etc. People fail to realize that we are the “United States of America”, and a Governor is, in effect, President of that state, except for that which falls on the federal level. That is why the orders to lockdown have come from the Governors. The Federal government gives guidelines, or could invoke martial law in a state where they deemed it important for the good of the country (and that would be messy).

The experts are advisors, it is up to the President to make the final call (for the guidelines, and this is what he was elected for whether you like him or not), and Governors to make the call for their state (whether we like herb or not/again unless martial law is invoked).

Funny a lot of you are locked down (with pay hopefully). I was deemed essential by my employer so i still have to work (not healthcare related), am 100% commission with no sales for almost 2 weeks, and I keep being sent into a potential hotspot area:roflmao:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I believe it was even said by the WH that releasing the stay at home orders is the states call, not the WH.

Which is exactly why we’re gonna be screwed. While all the other states open up, Whitmer is gonna keep businesses closed and us on lockdown further crushing the states economy. Because she’s playing a political game and she’s incompetent. Reading between the lines, sounds like Trump knows exactly how in over her head she is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Polaris XC 850
1,066 Posts
I think your facts might be a little off. There were 12469 deaths. Which if you look at that, Italy will probably surpass that number shortly. Also the 2009-2010 H1N1 was not a new virus, there had been previous exposures so some of the population(over 60) had some resistance. This is a brand new one that no human has resistance to. Of course some of them will be fine. And again let us remember Italy has been on lockdown and they are still probably going to surpass the death toll of H1N1 in the US. So a country 5 times the size of Italy, and Italy will lose as many. Can we speculate that COV-19 is 5 times as deadly as H1N1? If that is the case US death toll could end up at 60,000? Let us once again remember Italy is seeing a 5 times as deadly result after taking some pretty extreme measures( would it be 10 times if no measures taken?). The two countries that have seemed to have beaten this, are China and South Korea. China went on complete lock down. South Korea used some pretty extreme surveillance/tracking(they used thermal imaging all over the place, and then once a confirmed case came out, they would track that persons cell phone locations and send notifications out to others who had been in close proximity). I think we aren't being told the full story, I think there are some folks that know how bad this could get if left unchecked.
Sounds like you either work for a gov't agency or a media outlet. Stop with all the funny numbers bullshit & go wash your hands so we can go BACK TO WORK to actually save ourselves. :thumbsup:

Let's all stop the SNOW FLAKE mentality conditioning now.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Which is exactly why we’re gonna be screwed. While all the other states open up, Whitmer is gonna keep businesses closed and us on lockdown further crushing the states economy. Because she’s playing a political game and she’s incompetent. Reading between the lines, sounds like Trump knows exactly how in over her head she is.

Did you type this with a straight face....incompetent and over their head describes Trump to a T.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Sounds like you either work for a gov't agency or a media outlet. Stop with all the funny numbers bullshit & go wash your hands so we can go BACK TO WORK to actually save ourselves. :thumbsup:

Go for it tuff guy...you show us snowflakes how it's done!!!!!:laff:

·
Administrator
25,225 Posts

I don’t disagree, on the locked down part, for sure. Especially down in the part of the state where a large portion of the states economy comes from and where I work.

Ford is already screwed, money wise. That’s why they are trying to reopen a bunch of plants.

GM is already changing program priorities, cancelling a lot of production plant shipping contracts for April and either walking completely away from supplier contracts or asking them to give them 180 notes on orders.

I don’t know if FCA is just playing stupid or planning on bigger cuts so they are just riding it out until they get past the point of no return, because the wife works for FCA through a contract house and thus far, she’s still working. If she makes it past the end of this coming week without getting laid off however, I’ll be impressed.

·
Registered
939 Posts
All your governor does is sit on her hands so why not force you to as well.....Feel bad for MI you have a cry baby in office that is totally unqualified and now GM will lose tons of business ...lets hope the GM jumpers at least buy Ford.

·
Registered
458 Posts

Neither. Maybe I can look at things scientifically and understand math. It is interesting that when you show numbers to someone, their response is. "Wash your hands and go back to work" I apologize if you don't understand the numbers. If you need it broken down further, and don't resort to name calling and swearing I would be more than happy to further explain the numbers for you.

Hopefully Italy is just a fluke, but look at Spain, it seems to be heading down a similar path.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Did you type this with a straight face....incompetent and over their head describes Trump to a T.
This Muttonhead (post) mentality is the reason the states with all the issues are in there current situation. States following CDC and the White House are getting the job done saving as many people as possible and testing as many people as they can to contain this purposely coordinated Chinese attack on the world. This is war. Some Governors just don’t have what it takes Washington, Michigan and New York to name 3. One that actually is stepping up to the plate is California, don’t believe I’m saying that as most wish CA would fall into the pacific but he has stepped up. Sorry to butt in but moron posts need a reply.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
This Muttonhead (post) mentality is the reason the states with all the issues are in there current situation. States following CDC and the White House are getting the job done saving as many people as possible and testing as many people as they can to contain this purposely coordinated Chinese attack on the world. This is war. Some Governors just don’t have what it takes Washington, Michigan and New York to name 3. One that actually is stepping up to the plate is California, don’t believe I’m saying that as most wish CA would fall into the pacific but he has stepped up. Sorry to butt in but moron posts need a reply.
Haha...there isn't enough time in the day to tell you just how delusional and wrong you really are.:laff:

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
All your governor does is sit on her hands so why not force you to as well.....Feel bad for MI you have a cry baby in office that is totally unqualified and now GM will lose tons of business ...lets hope the GM jumpers at least buy Ford.
I saw her on NBC today, she ripped open her jump suit, I thought she was going to show her tits but she wanted to show what was printed on her shirt. "EVERYBODY" but she said "everyone" nice stunt

·
Registered
458 Posts
I find it funny that the right and left politicitans seem to be on the same page about about social distancing shutting down non essential, but the right and left followers seem to say that the opposition is doing wrong LOL. The sooner both sides realize that politicians are all crooked, the better we will be!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I saw her on NBC today, she ripped open her jump suit, I thought she was going to show her tits but she wanted to show what was printed on her shirt. "EVERYBODY" but she said "everyone" nice stunt
Better than traveling down the east coast while everyone is under a travel advisory, exposing numerous people just to make a self congratulatory speech.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Better than traveling down the east coast while everyone is under a travel advisory, exposing numerous people just to make a self congratulatory speech.
I guess it depends on the exposure to others.

I love this country more than you which is why I hate what Trump has done to it and take you threats and go fuck yourself snowflake. Grow up.
FYI this is the not the GDF, I would hate to miss out on your 2020 Lions thread.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I love this country more than you which is why I hate what Trump has done to it and take you threats and go fuck yourself snowflake. Grow up.
Please elaborate on what he has done that has upset you?

And I mean policy wise, take the rhetoric out of it please (lets agree some say he lashes out, some say he responds to attacks so we will call that a tie for this exercise):

61 - 80 of 2368 Posts