Hardcore Sledder banner

2561 - 2580 of 2584 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
And whoever "administered" that shot is a hack.....you're supposed to aspirate (pull back on the plunger) before pushing, to make sure you're not in a blood vessel.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
They have ones that auto retract needle at end of stroke. At very end of the stroke you can see it jump a bit which is indicative of the auto retracts. If it had sound you might be able to hear it click.

·
Registered
416 Posts
They have ones that auto retract needle at end of stroke. At very end of the stroke you can see it jump a bit which is indicative of the auto retracts. If it had sound you might be able to hear it click.
Have never seen that on a syringe, just IV needles. Even with them, you have to push a button to retract it. That being said.... I've been out of the game for 10 years so who knows what may have changed.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Ya . Maybe not all do now. But a lot do. Insulin ones etc. and I’m 99.9 percent sure my covid shots did.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Also. The administer put the cap back on. Which is what they do where I work on retracktable needles but not on regular needles before putting in a sharps/ biohazard container

·
Registered
416 Posts
We were taught to never recap a needle.

Looked it up, there is such a thing as retractable needles on syringes. Whether that is what is used in this video, I can't say and won't guess. Draw your own conclusions.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Yes my wife is in med field and she said they should not be recapping anything just Incase a retractable Gail’s to retract.

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
Registered
ski-doo
692 Posts

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
This ExcellentShortIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

2561 - 2580 of 2584 Posts