Hardcore Sledder banner

2321 - 2340 of 2368 Posts

·
Vendor
4,663 Posts
What are the "right things"?
Ive done everything my State has said to do, social distance, wear a mask, haven't even gone out to eat since March, wash my hands constantly, haven't thrown any parties , etc and still caught it.
And you are one person. Just look at the social distancing that does not happen at events on both sides.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
And you are one person. Just look at the social distancing that does not happen at events on both sides.

My point is why the hell have I locked myself down and not just gone about business as usual considering it did me no good other than make me stir crazy, depressed and annoyed.

·
Administrator
25,210 Posts
Ive done everything my State has said to do, social distance, wear a mask, haven't even gone out to eat since March, wash my hands constantly, haven't thrown any parties , etc and still caught it.
Because your government can’t save you. Some believe whole heartedly that it can, but it can’t. Nothing really can. Like any easily transmitted virus, we will all end up with some strain of it sooner or later whether it even affects us or not.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
The virus will not be under control until there is a vaccine that works and a large percentage of the worlds population has taken it and wiling to take it every xx months for the rest of their life. Sure wearing a mask, social distance, washing hands, not touching your face will help slow but that is all it will do is slow the spread. Once the vaccine is widely available it will become mandatory if you ever want to attend large events concerts, sports, commercial travel, resorts, cruises ect... Ticket Master is already looking into this (they are not doing it yet) only looking into how it could implement it.

·
Vendor
4,663 Posts
So I don't know all the answers but here some food for thought. If you were elected to run a state or country and something like a pandemic happened would you just sit this one out and do nothing? Remember you statement, the government can't save your life. Also, almost every corporation and employer is making their employees follow the virus CDC guide lines. If your so against being told what to do why are you still working there?

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Businesses have to follow guidlines or they get fined and etc. Not only are inspectors being sent out to check, OSHA is inspecting.

·
Registered
458 Posts
My point is why the hell have I locked myself down and not just gone about business as usual considering it did me no good other than make me stir crazy, depressed and annoyed.
Do you know where you caught it from?

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
2,136 Posts
So I don't know all the answers but here some food for thought. If you were elected to run a state or country and something like a pandemic happened would you just sit this one out and do nothing? Remember you statement, the government can't save your life. Also, almost every corporation and employer is making their employees follow the virus CDC guide lines. If your so against being told what to do why are you still working there?
Yup, I would follow the CDC guidelines, because, you can be called out for not.

Does it say in the CDC guidelines that certain businesses should be ordered closed?

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Afraid not. More likely she'll be wearing stripes and in the crossbar motel because she used Dominion fraudulent voting software.
or nominated down the road for 'trying to save Michigan from itself'

I would like to see the evidence on this one.
hyperbole demands no evidence

Be patient.
what happens when you lose your patience with the process?

Yer going to Pal.
bwahahahah!

Typical. You all want less government control but many are unwilling to do the right things to get the virus under control. So then the government comes in to try to get people to do the right things and now it's the governments fault. Help me to help you. We can't figure it out on our own?

because Covid occured during an election year

it's Biden's fault

but, but. but MAGA

Because your government can’t save you. Some believe whole heartedly that it can, but it can’t. Nothing really can. Like any easily transmitted virus, we will all end up with some strain of it sooner or later whether it even affects us or not.
yes, but we 'the people' could have collectively saved ourselves. now, 250K (+/-) are dead.

two hundred fifty thousand practically forgotten people - isn't that just a little sad? granted it's isn't 9-11 horrific but if we allowed 250K abortions in 2020 a portion of the right wing base would be outraged. ironic? yeah...

1bee1b3b32352411e853e18d42949593.gif

·
Registered
458 Posts
yes, but we 'the people' could have collectively saved ourselves. now, 250K (+/-) are dead.

two hundred fifty thousand practically forgotten people - isn't that just a little sad? granted it's isn't 9-11 horrific but if we allowed 250K abortions in 2020 a portion of the right wing base would be outraged. ironic? yeah...
Isnt the current number of abortions over 500K annually?

·
Registered
374 Posts

You can't be serious..... we're constantly bombarded by the media of the death count.... how could we possibly forget? Speaking of death count.... are you trying to tell us that you remember or think about every soul that is lost EVERY DAY to heart disease and cancer, the two leading causes of death in the U.S.? Or any of the myriad of other causes, like diabetes, accidents, obesity, substance abuse, or suicide (I won't even get into abortion). Do you pine for all of them, too? The fact is, death is unpleasant. It sucks. We don't like to think about it, we don't want to face it, but it's a fact of life. No matter how smart we think we are, we can't stop it. People die EVERY DAY of something, all too often something horrible. I've experienced it with family and friends, and I've seen it in my line of work. You can live in fear of it (which isn't really living), or you can make the most of your time here. I know which one I choose.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
You can't be serious..... we're constantly bombarded by the media of the death count.... how could we possibly forget? Speaking of death count.... are you trying to tell us that you remember or think about every soul that is lost EVERY DAY to heart disease and cancer, the two leading causes of death in the U.S.? Or any of the myriad of other causes, like diabetes, accidents, obesity, substance abuse, or suicide (I won't even get into abortion). Do you pine for all of them, too? The fact is, death is unpleasant. It sucks. We don't like to think about it, we don't want to face it, but it's a fact of life. No matter how smart we think we are, we can't stop it. People die EVERY DAY of something, all too often something horrible. I've experienced it with family and friends, and I've seen it in my line of work. You can live in fear of it (which isn't really living), or you can make the most of your time here. I know which one I choose.
if you have heart disease or cancer and cough/sneeze on me - I won't get heart disease or cancer, herpes, crabs or athletes foot.

it's almost laughable how people rationalize spreading this 'flu'

it's obvious some peoples minds will go unchanged until it's knocking on their own doorstep

2321 - 2340 of 2368 Posts