Hardcore Sledder banner

2301 - 2320 of 2396 Posts

·
Administrator
25,293 Posts
I’m with you, I’m starting to feel a lot better.
Good to hear.

I have a coworker who came back today after being diagnosed positive a little over a week ago. He has heart issues too so we were pretty worried about him. He said he was a little worn down and had some congestion for a few days and that was pretty much it. His wife had it too but their 18 year old daughter is still testing negative.

·
Registered
207 Posts
people have argued and denied science as long as there has been science

the earth is flat... etc.

had Covid not happened during an election year, maybe things would have played out differently.
the problem is science is all bought today.. the ones PUSHING SCIENCE can’t decide which bathroom to ypuse or what sex you are either

·
Administrator
25,293 Posts
It was supposed to be about risk mitigation. It was mentioned that the state never has opened up - people are working from home etc. Well, I can tell you from the EUP perspective, everyone from downstate was off work this summer, and most of them came up here instead of mitigating in their own group. Now I don't know if the precautions everyone was taking did a good job, or that the testing was just not up to par, but it seemed that the area made it through most of the season fairly ok - until now.
Huge explosion of cases across Northern Michigan - and here is something to think about: The hospital in the Soo just issued a statement, don't get sick, don't get hurt. There is no room for you in their hospital. There is no room for you in the nearest hospitals they transfer to either. The statement wanted the public to know that if you say, get into a car accident and need an ICU, you are going to be transferred 3 hours away, and that is as long as Traverse City still has space. And while that ambulance is transferring you to TC, there may not be an ambulance available for every emergency. It isn't there isn't like there is a whole lot of redundancy around the EUP, we only have 2 EMS in Iggy.
If all of the people going up there, were following the protocols, and the locals were following the protocols, then how'd it just all of a sudden blow up? Any chance it's from LSSU opening up or any other school for that matter? No offense but you guys could have petitioned Whitmer to close the bridge down back in May. She probably would have signed off on it. Hell, do it now while theres still time!

I don't get the whole point fingers thing. UP business owners could have denied services to down state people or even closed their doors entirely. People working from home were not told that they had to stay home this summer. I could have been done though I guess. Did people who were worried about getting this, no matter what their working situation or location, do this? The people who are worried about getting this virus can do everything they need to, to stay safe and healthy. The means are there to do it, especially in this day and age. Why is that ideal not being spoken about like closing down and people not doing the right thing is? I find that kinda of weird myself.

Hell, air travel isnt shut down and it's actually pretty dirt cheap. This year might be the year to go out west finally. One or two trips out there is about what I would spend to ride in the UP for a winter. Chris Burandt and Matt Entz aren't shutting down for the year. Hmmm.... Now you got me thinking. :unsure:

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Reactions: NDN

·
Vendor
4,676 Posts
Afraid not. More likely she'll be wearing stripes and in the crossbar motel because she used Dominion fraudulent voting software.
I would like to see the evidence on this one.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Just publicized few minutes ago,!MI has some impeachment inquiries for her.

·
Vendor
4,676 Posts
Typical. You all want less government control but many are unwilling to do the right things to get the virus under control. So then the government comes in to try to get people to do the right things and now it's the governments fault. Help me to help you. We can't figure it out on our own?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Typical. You all want less government control but many are unwilling to do the right things to get the virus under control. So then the government comes in to try to get people to do the right things and now it's the governments fault. Help me to help you. We can't figure it out on our own?

What are the "right things"?
Ive done everything my State has said to do, social distance, wear a mask, haven't even gone out to eat since March, wash my hands constantly, haven't thrown any parties , etc and still caught it.

2301 - 2320 of 2396 Posts