Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Cat is in a good place sending out the Cat cash and the oil. I think it was very generous.

A warranty extention would have be nice but we all had to ( OR should have ) Accepted that this is a FIRST year sled and its a risk that comes with it.

I`m just a little confused on the premix deal.

80:1 now till I get the fix?

After 950 miles whats that going to do?

If there was going to be damage wouldn`t that have happend by now?

I`m just wondering whats the deal.

I will ride Cat, and I cant say it enuff I love this machine, its a performer.

I have not had problems with my machine, although my machine has had minor problems w/ it self, I dont look at its as my problem.

I have not had problems with my machine, although my machine has had minor problems w/ it self, I dont look at its as my problem.[/b]
If the statment above confuses everyone let me know, I`m still trying to figure out what I said.

I really like my F7 :wub:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Slider are you serious? Whats the difference if it's a first year sled or not? According to AC these sleds and motors were tested for 100,000miles.
Why would anyone acccept an excuse such as "First year sled"?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I`m serious.

Its a whole NEW sled.

You have to take the good with the bad.

Its basic economics.

You can allways get what you want.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I rec'd my letter and coupons today in central Minnesota. Free gallon of APV oil and $100.00 USD certificate ($150.00 Canadian).

80:1 until they do the fix to correct "an inconsistency in oil pump delivery that may result in engine overheating, piston sticking, and potential catastrophic engine damage.."

I will gladly use what they gave me, but will expect Cat to stand behind any engine damage or later failure.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Slider, Your the type of customer that keeps companies that market a problem product in bussiness.
I myself will not accept a $10,000 turd.

·
Registered
196 Posts
As for me, I'm happy as heck with my f/7 and will gladly take what cat is offering. IMO, the other manufactuer's would never offer this rebate after indicating this type of problem. I'm also glad that cat is offering the updates to take care of these issues rather than ignoring them or denying that any problems exist. And lastly, I do feel that cat will take care of its f/c customers and, again imo, I feel that there isn't a company that stands behind there product as well as cat does, even after the warranty has expired. There, now I have given my 2 cents. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jamie you must be the type of costomer that jumps from one company to the next. I just dont see loyalty.

I on the other hand am a LOYAL costomer.

I Know cat will make good out of this situation.

Lets say cat sold 10,000 of the 16,000 or so firecats. Thats 1,000,000 dollars that they are spending to make good. You do have to spend it on there stuff so w/ markups and stuff depending on what you get Cat is spending alot of money for this.

My OPINION is DEAL WITH IT.

IF your motor goes or you have some problems after your warranty expires. You might be surprised what Cat will do. They are a good company.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Slider, I sure hope your right about help after warrenty.
As for switching brands....Whats the difference? I buy what I want when I want and my trailer has pulled all brands. (except polaris) I do have some standards.. :lol:
Why will I switch next year? Because of the lack of quality that AC built into there F7.
I want to ride not drive back and forth to the dealership to have major problems fixed, or have to miss weekends while waiting for parts or the Tech dept from AC to help out my dealer.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that cat will stand behind the motors even after the warranty period is up. Look at the piston recall on the 800s- many older sleds were still covered and they shouldn't have been.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have a friend (fellow Cat owner) who blow his 98 ZL500 up in Michigan. He ended up getting ahold of the local dealer at his residence and he went to the shop and rebuilt the engine then and there. It cost him over $500.00 US. About a month later he recieved a letter from Cat along with a check for the $500.00 US he spent. This was in the second year of ownership with no extended warranty. I think that says enough for Cat in itself. They always been good to me. Mor ethen happy here. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
some of you guy's are amazing!cat tells you to run pre-mix in your new sled untill they find a fix and you see nothing wrong with this?please someone tell me what i'm missing here!!!!!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
got mine today...was very nice...they didnt HAVE TO DO this..but they chose to..and they realize its an issue so they will fix it..ur dealer will check for premature wear etc etc..and u cant tell me if ur motor seizes up next winter that cat wont cover it..thats pathetic..they KNEW a problem exists and they will make it right ... THE MAJORITY of F7's dont have problems...but the "add oil till u get it to dealer" is to save there own butts just incase ur sled is effected...if u havent had a noticable problem already ...ur probably ok...doesnt mean all..but 99 % should be...i have 800 miles with ZERO problems...dealers have to fight sometimes to get things ..and unfortunately dealers make manufactuers looks bad...yes..cat had supply problems...but they are getting it fixed..i agree totally with slider..its a first year sled...new from ground up..meaning EVERYTHING ..including parts etc etc are all "new" so it takes time to get these out...this sled rocks for me and ZERO problems just like my last 3 cats..so i have NO reason to switch..and i think the 100 dollars and oil is a very very nice thing to do...and yes..what if premature wear..or excessive wear has been caused because of this??? Dont u guys think ur dealer will check this when they pull the pipe or heads off to inspect the cylinders??? if there not good...of course cat will replace as necessary...its assinine to think they wouldnt and if they dont ur dealer is horrible and i wouldnt buy a cat again..but i personally have never expeirenced this or seen it with any of the guys I KNOW...extended warranty would of been nice..but hello EVERYONE BOUGHT THIS SLED KNOWING there would be NO 2 year warranty...so u knew full well ahead of time..but just because its "out of warranty" doesnt mean it wont be covered in the future ....blah blah blah..whine whine whine..please Mail all ur oil and 100 dollar certificates to

Big Fire Chief
Stillwater, MN 55082

thanks...when i get all ur money u guys dont want..ill by me a second year warranty..and add more orange to my sled haha !

·
Registered
831 Posts
My oh my what are we goig to do??? I know, you cry babies go back to brand X so there will be that many more guys asses we can kick next year!! Cats Rule!!! :p :p

·
Registered
269 Posts
I AGREE! yes cat didn't have to do this.and yes the are standing by this sled.correcting the things that are bad.i have 1400 miles and love this machine.no regrets here. i dropped the sled off monday for the oil pump update.they pulled the pipe looked at the pistons, brake side piston scuffed and some blow bye.clutch side perfect. motor wasnt seized. ;) the dealer tore it apart right then to see what it was.nical plating was peeling off.had a scratch on the piston.going to replace cylinder and piston.will be ready for the weekend. B)

·
Registered
827 Posts
you know what i think is amazing is you get people whining about the problems that they are having,that they should get cat cash or t shirts or something for free,they finally get what they want and they still bitch,,wtf,go home boys,, mommy's calling

1 - 20 of 32 Posts