Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in central Ohio. We are backcountry riders that usually go to Wyoming to ride in the meadows and mountains.I am looking for somewhere to go that is closer, mainly to try out this new project sled i am working on before i haul it clear out west. Anyone know where to go to get some open riding in Michigan U.P., ex.meadows, hills, etc. thanks. Trails are getting to be the same old same old. Usually go to Paradise, MI, or Gaylord, MI.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Not much of that in the LR or UP there are some open areas, but you must keep in mind that most of our michigan trails pass trough sections of private property. Its a good idea to stay on the trail unless you are sure it is ok, and your not going to piss off a land owner, this is bad because we loose sections of trail.
If your looking for something as wide open as Wyoming your propably going to have a hard time finding it, a good power line in probably your best bet, if you can find one that isn't all tracked up.

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
You just have to know where to go. Just North of Gaylord and west of Wolverine in the Chandler Hills area, there is a lot of state land and logging/seasonal roads. Often, you can take one of those tracks to an open meadow or hilly area. Here's some pics:

·
Registered
267 Posts
i live in grayling mi, a small town 25 miles south of gaylord and there are plenty open meadows here but we only have about 6 inches of snow right now. i think we are supposed to get more soon.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Damn those pictures look amazing. I need to find that. You said in the chandler hills area?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Thos pics are from last year around the holidays. Was warm, as you can tell by the bare ground in some of the pics. Here's a map showing the general area you need to look (circled in yellow). Just keep exploring the 2 tracks in the area and you'll find it. One spot is behind some gaurd rails, but we have had no problem getting there from the north side through the woods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts