Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anybody got reverse on their Fcat? I just got mine back today and am looking forward to many turn arounds without having to dismount and labor. Anybody have any problems with their reverse? Just wondering, thats all. :D :D :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
Why does my life have to be so difficult?

I was supposed to bring my sled to the dealer tomorrow, to get reverse and the updates done.

After talking to the head of service yesterday and today, he said Cat sent them the wrong drop cases, so the six reverse kits he has won't fit.

I am still bringing it in for the updates, since we are going away on Tuesday and then I will bring it back when he gets the right parts.

What kills me the most, is that my cousin and friend just picked up their F7's and the reverse is installed on both of their sleds.

Then my service guy is telling me that they are going to change the gears. Well, how is that going to affect my performance? He said it depends, could be more top end, could be more down low. He also said they could mess around with the gear ratio, so that it is pretty much the same as it is now. He was also not happy with the way the chain fits, I guess that is why he wants to change the gears?

I will find out more tomorrow when I see him in person. And post what I find out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
:lol: Have had the reverse for about 2 weeks. It works great. We have two F7's with it and have about 700 miles on each sled. NO problems todate and they both run great.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
what is the cost too? where do they add the lever? Do you have to add a level pull rope fix? :lol:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Mine, if I ever get it, is $500 OTD. This was the price if I Spring Ordered the reverse with the sled.

It may be spring before I get it installed.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well, here is a reverse update. I got confirmation from a very reliable source that in fact, some of the chaincase covers that AC sent their dealers were in fact the wrong ones. Turns out my dealer just happened to be one of the ones that the wrong covers were sent to.

Who handles AC's QC. They should get someone new in there. <_<

1 - 11 of 11 Posts