Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rebuilt my 900 after i burnt it down. I took it out it was about 0 degrees. rode it for about 15 min and the plugs were a little too white. i have a speedwerx single i have 460 mains 55 pilots and the clips are in the middle everything felt good. i put about a half cup of oil in the gas and put about 2 gallons race gas in it. any idea what i should be running for mains i have a set of 470s would that make much of a diff. or am i wasting my time and need to go to 490 or 500s. thanks for any info. isaac

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Needles at #3 is asking for a midrange burndown. Why so fat on the pilots and lean on the needles??? I had to go down to #40 pilots to clean up my bottom end. I say try the stock #45 pilots, needles at #4(second from the bottom) and the 470's and see what ya got.

·
Premium Member
20,503 Posts
you could go with larger mains but you do not need more fuel at WOT so I would go with richer needles or raise yours all the way and see how it does. DD makes richer nozzle-jet tubes too.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
forgot to mention i have a mild trail port on it. so if i keep the needles up this will keep the motor from burning down at midrange? how can you tell if the motor is running lean at diff. stages is there a way to check if it is lean at the diff. stages.

·
Premium Member
5,125 Posts
Stock pilot, 490/480, clipped 4th, I've even had to richen up snowblowers this week because of the fuel we're getting. Start there and check the wash, fat and happy is better than "has UPS brought my cylinder yet?"

·
Premium Member
2021 Pro-S 850 137" 2016 SB 800 Pro-S 136"
4,596 Posts
I agree with Snochopper. Good place to start, if your a little rich in the midrange you can use a shim to get it inbetween clip position #3 & #4. Start with the 480/490 combo and work your way down from there. Might be o.k. with 470/480?

I have an SLP single, the MAG side needs a bigger jet than the PTO. Speedwerx might be different, but I thought it was typical for the MAG side to need a richer main jet??

·
Registered
452 Posts
Depends where your riding and also the conditions. If you look at the jetting chart on your toolbox you'll see what altitude & temperatures do for a stock sled.
1000ft VS 2500ft = difference of 2 sizes on the main jet size assuming all else is equal.

Gotta shoot for a middle ground and realize some days will be better than others or just constantly re-tune to achieve the optimum. IMO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts