Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys..figured id give u a quick blurb on trail conditions incase ur wondering...stayed at the west end of Silver City in the Silver Sands motel...great place the owner Ed rocks ..just bought the place and has a gas station on the property..real nice..anywho...we were at about the perfect local for snow..not a lot of guys were around so the trails were pretty good...along the shore no snow really...but they just got 6 inches on Tuesday inland about 1-2 miles ...we were first on the trail to break that fresh stuff...trail 11 isnt bad at all..few corners were washed out with ice..but all were fast and not to bumpy...11 and 102 were great trails..until about 15 miles from berglund...then its got mogul and dirt city!! stay away from berglund until more snow...and on our way back berglund didnt get a stich of snow from the storm...

We put on about 400 miles in the 3 days we were there..and most were off trail..the Forest roads ROCK untouched powerder..in the woods there is about 2 - 2.5 feet of snow...plenty to screw around on...we are more of back country boondocking riders..and the the roads were like a sno cross track loose snow..jumps and hills galor...we went out tuesday morning with the fresh snow and could make it up to Lake Of the Clouds overlook..but it was icy beneth..the snow was light along the shore maybe a couple inches but since we were the first guys out we could make the trip up the porkies...( by the way..that lake of the clouds is beautiful!!) check it out if u can..worth the 300 foot walk to the lookout..!!

I played with my F7... center shock i loosened all the way then retightened a few turns and my it makes a differnce in handling...and i actually could loosen up my sno pro springs to the second setting because in the stutter bumps it was getting to stiff..we were in a hidden "pocket" of a 60 mile radius of untouched snow for the most part...that i dont think many knew about...check out silver sands motel talk to Ed for a good lodging and cheap...tell him i sent yah! haha...

All in all put on about 400 miles on the weekend..and my sled rand great...both mine and RTSF7CAT F7 ran great except for the tree he hit..bent up the a arm but still ran like a champ..!! the only problems were the 2003 new renegade 800 in the group that stuff kept happening to..like his top gear on the chaincase..the bolt loosened holding the gear on..and then it hit the chaincase cover..and BORED a hole right through the cast - lookin at it...looked like a plug went there...but there wasnt supposed to be a hole...anywho we played mcguyver and rethreaded bolt and used a nail from a sign as a cotter pin and duct tape for the whole and off we went..then the next day his recoil rope just pulled out with out engaging and pulling the motor...haha then his sons Formula Z seized up...not a good weekend for him...anywho....there u have it...if u search there are some killer spots to ride !!

By the way.. ill have a ton of pics in a day or two to post up..some sweet action shots..!!

·
Registered
827 Posts
glad to hear you had a great time,,wish i could get time off from work,,oh well will have to wait for snow here,,,lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts