Hardcore Sledder banner

GoODWIN & SIMONS CPR

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Racer X # 9 
#1 ·
ANyone use these clutch kits?? they got a great write up from the magazine snowmobiler...

#7 ·
i think ODS can undercut the competition on price because all they pay is $250 a year to advertise here to thousands plus all the word of mouth, plus good results... this site is a gold mine for ODS... all they have to do is sell a few kits and their advertising is paid for... ($250)

#8 ·
Originally posted by HOUGH@Oct 18 2005, 08:05 PM
i think ODS can undercut the competition on price because all they pay is $250 a year to advertise here to thousands plus all the word of mouth, plus good results...  this site is a gold mine for ODS...  all they have to do is sell a few kits and their advertising is paid for...  ($250)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=939019
[/quote]

I don't think ODS is really undercutting the comp. Its just he isn't demanding premium MSRP for his product that he puts togeather.

Flash and Flare

Either way I don't think you can go wrong with any of the clutch kits, thats unless your considering a MAG Perf. kit .............. :doh:

#10 ·
Originally posted by HOUGH@Oct 18 2005, 09:05 PM
i think ODS can undercut the competition on price because all they pay is $250 a year to advertise here to thousands plus all the word of mouth, plus good results...  this site is a gold mine for ODS...  all they have to do is sell a few kits and their advertising is paid for...  ($250)
[/quote]
The reason the ODS kit is cheaper is because he uses standard Dalton weights. The CPR kit comes with adjustable Heavy Hitters which cost almost as much as the ODS kit by itself. I don't know what Goodwin charges for his, but I put one in a friends F6 and he was totally happy with it. Sled ran great.

#11 ·
The Goodwin kit is a really good TRAIL KIT. Greg designs his kits for good all around performance, if you are looking for specific set up's then he can help there too. My sled once one of the development test mules for the 2003 kit.

#15 ·
Originally posted by HOUGH@Oct 18 2005, 09:05 PM
[/quote]

I pay more than that.. and we have never once tried to push or "sell" our own product. That has a lot to do with why we have awesome customers, and loyal ones. I appreciate every bit of it too.. Not to mention.. We are a full dealer.. which is much harder than just being a performance shop IMO.. at least

#16 ·
Originally posted by The Outdoor Shop@Oct 19 2005, 06:23 PM
I pay more than that.. and we have never once tried to push or "sell" our own product. That has a lot to do with why we have awesome customers, and loyal ones. I appreciate every bit of it too.. Not to mention.. We are a full dealer.. which is much harder than just being a performance shop IMO.. at least
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=941173
[/quote]
:div20: HOUGH,,, you've been OWNED!!

#18 ·
Originally posted by busted@Oct 19 2005, 03:06 PM
Oh what do you know RacerX.

BTW, you don't have any mail here at the office.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=940821
[/quote]

:augen41: Yeah, I know my information and all the testing I've done isn't worth very much, see ya on the ice, good luck with your new sled. BTW, you might want to change the avatar to update the picture since that sled will be gone soon. :frech11: :wut60:

#19 ·
so you ppl with your cpr clutch kits and goodwin kits..obv ur gonna say theyre great, im sure its better than bein stock, but have you compated them with ODS and D&D ??? say for racing across the lake, then throught the trail, which kit is the most proficient?

#22 ·
Originally posted by justinf7@Oct 20 2005, 09:37 AM
racer x9.  didn't you say that you use or used a D&D kit with great results in another post.....or am I confusing you w/someone else.  Just curious as to how the two compared?  D&D is an inexpensive kit as well.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=942749
[/quote]

Well I have use D&D kits in the past, just not on this sled. I have used the Goodwin kit but I have not compared it too the other kits available. I do my own clutching on this sled since I started asphalt racing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.