Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe a good time to check those sliders and torque those idlers, check for broken suspension parts and have a look at those carbides. Take a greese gun to those nipples, put a fresh set of plugs in and pull those turkey feathers out of the cowling while we wait for things to tighten up again, anybody else think of some stuff to check? :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I can think of a couple things to do....

pull skid, track, motor, replace heat exchanger reinstall new track,skid, and motor. hopefully this will be done before winter returns...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can think of a couple things to do....

pull skid, track, motor, replace heat exchanger reinstall new track,skid, and motor. hopefully this will be done before winter returns...[/b]
Ouch, I have read about your mishap, I hope you can get it done soon, sounds like a big job. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I put mine in the garage today, will go out later and fix some half assed wiring i did to start the season off quickly, also going to gie my suspension a good lookover and clean her up a bit.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Put gas , Oil in it. Book 5 days off work and drive far enough north to get past the melt>>>.... Ok reality set in I will be going to work tommorow, boo hoo

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Put gas , Oil in it. Book 5 days off work and drive far enough north to get past the melt>>>.... Ok reality set in I will be going to work tommorow, boo hoo[/b]
How is the melt over by you? We lost alot today, went for a ride on the atv today, there is a lot of ground starting to show. And we have two more days of this?? :veryangry:

Almost bought an XP on Saturday for the wife, had to pull her out of the dealership with the pen still in her hand!

·
Registered
527 Posts
just pulled the sleds in tonight. for this weeks schedule i will be inspecting everything, greasing, and cleaning. i might have another sled to rebuild, so for the most part im busy and cant wait for the thaw to be over with.

·
Registered
160 Posts
im just happy i bought a new sled this year. one ride. but at 75 miles a year it will be new for a long time. good thing i got the long track i would hate to get stuck in the mud

·
Registered
128 Posts
How is the melt over by you? We lost alot today, went for a ride on the atv today, there is a lot of ground starting to show. And we have two more days of this?? :veryangry:

Almost bought an XP on Saturday for the wife, had to pull her out of the dealership with the pen still in her hand![/b]
:pointlaugh: Now if I was a betting man I bet it wasn't your wife who was being pulled out of the dealer.......

·
Registered
413 Posts
I figured it would be a good time to check things over, changed the sliders on the weekend, changed plugs, greased every nipple even got some on my own. :eek:oh4:

Bought new straps for the trailer, cut them so I don't have 8ft hanging out after she's tied down.

Just got to get to the car wash this week, so it will have time to dry before it gets cold. Actually I might just turn the water back on in my garage for an hour or so.

·
Registered
715 Posts

Almost bought an XP on Saturday for the wife, had to pull her out of the dealership with the pen still in her hand![/b]
Needless to say the driveway is amost clear of it's carbide protecting ice/snow sheet that I intentionally leave there so my driveway does not get scarred. We have lost alot of snow but I still have no grass visable yet, and 2-3 foot snowbanks. Hopeing things will still be good up north for the weekend.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Needless to say the driveway is amost clear of it's carbide protecting ice/snow sheet that I intentionally leave there so my driveway does not get scarred. We have lost alot of snow but I still have no grass visable yet, and 2-3 foot snowbanks. Hopeing things will still be good up north for the weekend.[/b]
well you got to head further north then the Soo i can see green in my back yard. this sucks

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:pointlaugh: Now if I was a betting man I bet it wasn't your wife who was being pulled out of the dealer.......[/b]
Ok Ok, so I was acting like my two year old, I apologized to everyone........maybe next year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts