Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Fox shocks, w/ adj. remote reservoirs and 5/8" shafts and stiff springs with the sno-pro package.
2) Clear tank option.
3) CARBURATOR, no more EFI
4) 1.5" lug track
5) don't use that STUPID mini seat like the polaris pro-x
6) most important, early order = 2yr warranty

·
Registered
124 Posts
F250. Great list, but I want the EFI. I agree with everything else. It would be a great package, and AC needs to revise thier shocks. Bottom line they suck when it comes to durability. You can buy the clear tank for the f5-f7 for 150 bucks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
:eek: no efi!!!! no thanks!!!! kill the carbs----old, old, technology!!!!

Snowmachines are the only thing that uses carbs anymore!!!

Thank GOD for Cat's efi!!!

dt

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same problem with exhaust valves on a model w/ efi and one with carbs. The efi cut the system out so I needed a tow, the carb allowed the sled to run and force the valves open with pressure. Too much stuff is breaking on these sleds, who needs too spend $1000 on an ECU unit if it craps out after warranty. I used to think buying jets were costly. If an EFI breaks, your S.O.L.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Color options are just OK for spring ordered sleds but upgraded shocks like ohlins would be nice. RER would be a plus.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
I am waiting for the day when you order the sled like...

option A...color
B. motor size
C. efi or carb.
D. shocks....say act, fox, ohlins etc..
E. track lug...1, 1.25, 1.5
F. W/S low, high...
G. warranty...factory..1yr., 2 yr. 3yr....

all $$$$ options.. Let you decide how much you want to pay, then adj. from there...Many people would drop one thing for another based on $$$ ..

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Clear tanks are NOT allowed on production sleds by Federal law due to lack of U.V. protection. Don't ask me why, that's just how it is.

·
Registered
287 Posts
EFI for me ! I love not having to do jet changes every time I go out . With the crazy
weather we are getting my F7 runs at peak performance all the time . :)

·
Premium Member
4,427 Posts
Originally posted by Gunner F5@Feb 5 2003, 12:24 PM
Clear tanks are NOT allowed on production sleds by Federal law due to lack of U.V. protection. Don't ask me why, that's just how it is.
unless with a tank cover. My 800 1m has a vinyl cover over it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by ZREFIrider+Feb 5 2003, 04:28 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Gunner F5
@Feb 5 2003, 12:24 PM
Clear tanks are NOT allowed on production sleds by Federal law due to lack of U.V. protection.  Don't ask me why, that's just how it is.
unless with a tank cover. My 800 1m has a vinyl cover over it.[/b]
Ditto, my MC900 has a clear tank with cover also....

I know a MC900 and a F7, so I spoil myself

·
Registered
629 Posts
I would pay for extended warranty, not service contract, but an Arctic Cat extended warranty

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'd also like to see an RER, or PERC type electronic reverse feature on Cat's sleds. After riding several times with guys on Vertical Escapes, I've realized just how handy reverse can be. I just don't want the limited final ratio choices and added weight of the dated mechanical reverse system.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts