Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a pretty good setup on the f7. 68g weights, arctic orange/white primary spring, 57/53 helix,stock secondary spring. if you want to drag race, leave spring in stock hole, seemed better for all around with spring in next tighter position. Just thought I would share a little testing with ya'll. ride em hard

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Racer119, how did you measure any performance changes -- on the clock, or against a baseline sled? What RPM you turning for best performance? Thanks! -- Roy

·
Registered
289 Posts
Roy I have a dyno sheet for the F7 and the peak torque is 77hun with the peak hp at 8000. I am trying to set mine up to run between the two and keep her below the 8000.
I tried to post the sheet but had no luck, our pc's at work are protected by a firewall that keeps us from uploading pictures.
I will mail it home and try from there.
Thumper sent it to me off the AM snow site but indicated it was from AC.
Evil

·
Registered
986 Posts
Helux & weights not even close for performance needs gears

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gears will get you more on top if you want, or more on bottom, but with the stock gears, I found it is pretty good all around. I tested all the stuff I tried with my radar gun and laptop, giving me acceleration curves. with the setup I mentioned, my sled runs between 7800 and 7900 rpm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have stock gears in. 22/41 best speed at 660' was 96.4. That gear ratio only allows for about 100 mph when shifted out to a 1:1 ratio. Most times you can overdrive that to about .9:1. In 1000' I am running 102.7. i think if you wanted to do speed runs or something like that, you could gear up a couple of teeth and run low 105's to 106, but I think if you go beyond that to say 24/39 or 25/40, you will find that you are going to lose speed in the 1000' range. May go 110 past a quarter mile, but is that useful? I guess it is all what you want from your sled. for me, I like the stock gears

·
Registered
986 Posts
Racer 119 you are totally wrong on top speed with that gearing If shifting out all the way with overdrive at 7900 rpm you will go 114.34 with stock gearsGls posted around 117 mph with stock gears at 8200 rpm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts