Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a '98 ZR600 for my daughter. I was wondering if anyone out there has found a good bolt on clutch kit for this model. I bought a ODS kit for my F-7 and bolted it in and never had to make an adjustment. I want to do the same thing here. This sled has only 1500 miles on it. If there are any other mods anyone has done, please feel free to explain.

·
Registered
524 Posts
i have a goodwin kit which is great for the trails. doesn't engage super high and the backshifting is awesome.
http://goodwinperformance.com/

d&d makes a good kit also.

i have never used anything from dakota but have only heard good things from this board.

ps the stock clutch set up is pretty good on this sled, much better than many other cats.
also many guys here have their own set ups, it will be cheaper if you buy the springs, weights and helix separately.

good luck.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I've got brand new BM clutch kits for a 600, a 500, and a 500 with twins- all half price. PM if interested.

·
Registered
911 Posts
How old is your daughter? Most clutch kits for the 600 twin have it engaging close to 5000 rpm. I know that was a bit extereme for my girlfriend, although she wasn't accustomed to the take-off of a higher output snowmobile. If you're looking for a simple clutch solution, replace the 49 degree secondary helix with a 51 degree, or even a 55-53 degree. The stock 49 deg helix caused excessive over-rev in most conditions. This will leave the lower stock clutch engagement rpm but allows for better acceleration and maintains proper peak rpm.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'd actually agree with Mike. Unless she's hard core and most of the guys can't keep up with her type daughter, I'd leave it stock. In most cases, if you replace all the internal part including the spring, you'd be surprised. Most clutch kits are brutal on the pins and bushings.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info guys. She is 27 and has ridden my F-7. she's not what I call a ditch banger yet. Probably should just take the advice and leave it stock for the time being. Thanks Guys....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts