Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, me and some buddies have a trip planned for Golden Lake this week...just checkin to see if anyone can tell me what the trails are like( did they survive ) so we know whether or not to cancel the trip....I'm hopin you got some fresh snow but that might be wishful thinking...any info would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Are you referring to Golden Lake near Eganville? The trails in the bush are ok, but alot of the fields lost their snow. The trails are tentatively closed right now, but this week there is prediction of lots more snow. When are you planning on being in the area?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, that's the area. We are supposed to leave Thursday morning of this week. The other thing is the lake itself.....we have to cross it to get to the trail that leads to Eganville and I'm thinking it'll be screwed....probably gonna be cancelled.. :veryangry: :cussing: ..oh well, thanks for the info Scrimmer

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Actually you don't have to cross Golden Lake, it's just easier. The trail (B 101A) behind Sleepy Eyed Bear has a decent amount of snow (since it's in the bush) but alot of the beaver ponds have opened up crossing the trail. Also, the B Rail Trail has a decent base of snow on it, and it's currently snowing now!!! If it gets cold at night and snows every day this week, the trails just might open this weekend, but if you can, I'd think about postponing your trip to next week or head north to Cochrane. I'll take a look at the trails on the drive to work tonight.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Just flew by the trails, some peeps have been on them already, there appears to be some creeks that have opened up, and with last night and tonights extra cold temps they might be good for the weekend. Sorry can't give any better advice than that!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Scrimmer, we cancelled...didn't want to take the chance...oh well..we'll be there in Feb.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
The trails are beautiful!!! Very fast, since we got about 3cm of snow before the freezing rain, Golden Lake is staked and solid!! It's snowing now (again) supposed to get about 5cm's today, and it's supposed to snow Fri and Sat again!!!!! Have fun, the trails might be packed!!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the update Scrimmer, got a trip planed for the 14th-18th...lookin forward to it..

Digger...Yes I will be around this weekend...you better stop by...you in for the Tory Hill trip Feb 23, 24, 25????...call me later tonight.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The trails are beautiful!!! Very fast, since we got about 3cm of snow before the freezing rain, Golden Lake is staked and solid!! It's snowing now (again) supposed to get about 5cm's today, and it's supposed to snow Fri and Sat again!!!!! Have fun, the trails might be packed!![/b]

Good to hear. Coming up to BB for the weekend and heading east likely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts