Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had plans to do the 500 miler in Grand Marias next week but it doesn't look good so I'm going to Colorado. I didn't see much activity on the Colorado forum so I figured someone from this forum has been out there. I've never been but I do have a friend that lives in the Denver area so I would fly into Denver and rent sleds.
Anybody know of a great place to go/stay and rent sleds? Yellowstone would be too far.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I had plans to do the 500 miler in Grand Marias next week but it doesn't look good so I'm going to Colorado. I didn't see much activity on the Colorado forum so I figured someone from this forum has been out there. I've never been but I do have a friend that lives in the Denver area so I would fly into Denver and rent sleds.
Anybody know of a great place to go/stay and rent sleds? Yellowstone would be too far.
Thanks in advance for any advise.[/b]
Why not Wyoming?
They have it all, snow, rentals, sled friendly etc.

Avoid going through Nebraska at all costs!!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
You might consider the Wyoming Snowy Range area, adjacent to the Colorado border. I am sure there are fine places in Colorado to ride and rent, but I have heard great things about the Snowy Range. I have hunted in that area and it is gorgeous. My understanding is the prices are pretty reasonable for lodging and renting. I HAVE NOT actually snowmobiled there, my info is only word of mouth. I would strongly suggest you get educated on mountain riding and avalanche hazards. Your best bet might well be to lodge where they have guided tours, regardless of where you go out there. Wish I could go!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am pretty excited that I can finally contribute something to this form as opposed to just getting joy out of what others say. I just got back from Colorado on January 1. I was out there skiing, but did check into snowmobile rental. I found a rental place (www.extremerentalsinc.com) and they are located in the metro Denver area. They rent sleds by the day, weekend, or week on a trailer and allow you to take them anywhere. I skied Keystone, Copper, and Breckenridge. I only saw people hauling sleds around the Breckenridge/Frisco area. I noticed a small sled shop on my way to the Breckenridge ski area (Altitude Motorsports). They are located on Highway 9, which hits I-70, the main highway to the mountains from Denver. I would recommend checking with them about rentals, places to ride, or possibly someone to ride with (if needed). They are a Polaris dealership, which is even better :div20: Best of luck and enjoy the snow...they have a ton!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.