Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of chiseling and shaving my track then lowering it. I am just wondering what you guys are engageing the F7's at with good traction on the ice. I am running an 04 standard with speedwerks pipe and ods clutch setup right now. I know that when I start putting this on the ice for 660 everything is going to change Any suggeestions would be great. gearing engagement and so on.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I HAVE ALWAYS HAD BEST LUCK ENGAGING BETWEEN 4600 AND 4900 ON A F7 WITH 10 TOOTH DRIVERS I RUN 20/40 GEARS WITH 9 TOOTH YOU SHOULD BE AROUND 21/38 THAT WOULD BE 105MPH AT 115 TO 1 CLUTCH RATIO. ARE YOU EFI OR CARBED ?? GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
150 Posts
THE 04 FIRECAT I BELIEVE ARE 9 TOOTH SO I WOULD DO THE 21/38 GEARS IT COMES STOCK WITH 24/39 SO YOU COULD JUST GET A 20 OR 21 TOP GEAR AND RUN YOUR STOCK BOTTOM GEAR TO SAVE MONEY BUT YOU MAY HAVE TO BUY A 70 LINK CHAIN. ARE YOU RUNNING THE STOCK ECU IF YOU ARE I WOULD PUT A 3 OR 4 DEGREE KEY IN THERE AND BUY A BOONDOCKER OR D+D PAC SYSTEM TO TAKE AWAY TOP END FUEL FOR DRAG RACING. GOOD LUCK STAY IN TOUCH

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the 2 degree key in . I am running a speedwerks pipe right now. I have the D&D pac. Last year at the end of the year i got everything together and ran the sled with the stock fuel pressure. I did a plug reading on the sled and it seemed a little lean or right on the money. I have to more plug readings if we ever get ice or snow. I am thinking that I might have to add fuel with the pipe and key. Not positive but I need more readings. Thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.