Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The temp. light on my F5 flickered for several rides (approx.500mi.) dealer can find anything wrong he said AC is working on it. Light stopped flickering did it fix itself or is light burned out? What is causing this, when is the fix coming & does the 04 F5 have this problem.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by F7&5@Mar 10 2003, 11:39 AM
Light stopped flickering did it fix itself or is light burned out?
F7&5,

That's a good point, these gauge assy's should light up all the warning lights for 3-5 seconds at each start up like the Yamaha's do just so you know that the bulbs are still in working order.....
-John

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I wonder if you can get a Positor and plug it into the wiring harness like the older sleds have? The Positor is the device that lights the idiot lights at start up for a few seconds to show the bulbs are working. I have experienced a flickering heat light before and it was the result of the a poor connection of the wire to the sending unit. If the wire comes off the sending unit the light comes on. Check the connection to the sending unit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
F7&5.
If the temp light is flickering, isn't it hot? Are you sure there is something wrong. We don't have any correction for this because unless I'm missing something, it sounds like it overheated. If your still riding, and it does this again, tip the sled up on it's side and see if the front cooler is iced over and insulated with snow. this can happen even in what would appear to be good cooling conditions. I don't know what else to tell you at this point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts