Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure your aware of the problems were experiencing with the F5 power valve cables.I'm just looking for a simple answer that this problem is acknowledged and being corrected.Thanks for coming here and answering some of our questions.

·
Registered
798 Posts
This definitley needs to be addressed. :angry: Freakin cables fall off so much that I am now running my F-5 without the servo cover so I can put them back on easily. Then thanks to this forum :D I learned that if the servo cycles 3 times on the F-5 after start up that the voltages from the cdi are out of tolerances, Guess what??? thats what mine was doing. So I take it to my dealer and they tell me that it was a bad servo and that they put a new servo on and now it only cycles once after start up and everything should be fine..Well it was for about 80 miles <_< Out riding sunday and later on in the day My sled felt like it lost its top end, so I figured here we go cable probably off the servo again. I shut my sled off and open the hood to find that they are both still on :huh: So I start my sled up and The damn servo cycles 3 times... AGAIN... WTF??
I called my dealer yesterday and they had me drop it off last night, They called Arctic Cat to ask what could be the problem, AC told them that because of all the oil on and in the APV cables that it is making the cables not move as freely as they should so the servo has to work harder than it should and that gives it a false reading making it think the voltages are not within tolerance... What the hell kinda excuse is this??? So I ask what are you going to do about it? they said Replace the apv cables. :huh: So what in another 300 to 400 miles OR LESS I am going to have the same problems :angry: When my warranty is up I am going to have to pay for this $hit out of my own pocket?? This seems to me that this is going to be an on going problem for these F-5's and If AC doesnt do something about it and our warranties expire we are going to be on our own.. When the valves operate correctly on these F-5's they are awesome machines, But when the cables come off or the servo is not operating correctly I think a Z370 might have more top end... Can you shed some light on this subject GLS ??

·
Registered
47 Posts
redf5sp.
Yes I'm aware, and 2004 is being corrected with a redesign of valve stem with a seal. I can't give you any more detail right now,as were still finalizing. As it stands right now, the 2004 components would fit 2003.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANK YOU GLS,at least we all know that a fix is in the works,wonderful. :D

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
So,

Will we be notified when these "updates" are ready to be installed?

I'm rather upset that my "old" 99 ZL500 that my GIRLFRIEND rides beats this F5..... I haven't pulled the cover off of the servo to see how many times its cycling, but its making me think maybe I should....

In AC's defense, I know its a first year sled, but c'mon, you've been testing this stuff on the SnoPro for two years ......

GLS, if you are reading this ( I hope), what do I do? Should I call up my dealer in upstate NY and tell them about this or wait for them to contact me about another list of updates?

I love the way my sled handles and rides, and the mid range power, but I thought she would have more top end than my old zl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts