Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will cat do anything different on the 04s to prevent ice forming under seat-thanx scott

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
i had the same problem on my f5 so i took it back to the dealer and told them i wnated it fixed. they told me there was some teflon tape over the seams to prevent water from forming ice under the seat but it was failing. needless to say they siliconed it up and havent had a problem with it since.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
greg probably cannot answer this post he is an engine man...although I too would like the answer to this question please keep the posts engine related so greg doesn't have to sift through questions he is not able to answer or are out of his department. If we can do this greg should be able to answer alot more questions as he will have more time to do so.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx outdoor shop-I just siliconed that plastic with clear and put some weatherstrip under back of seat-looks fine and works better-Glad to see cat has fixed problems for 04-scott

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by gls@Mar 3 2003, 06:53 PM
bee1971.
Yes that annoying problem will be corrected for 2004 models.
BUT what can we do for our 2003's? Live with it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just put silicone under the back of the seat, redo the silicone on heat exchanger, silicone the two holes in tunnel under the aluminum tape and fill the wiring conduit with silicone and let it sit for 24 hrs. 300 miles of ice free riding so far and don't expect any more problems. Pretty easy fix!! Can all be accomplished in about 20 minutes!!! Then just the cure time. :blink: :rolleyes: :D :ph34r:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts