Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gregg: Getting ready to order 2 new Firecats. One question I'd like to know is the change from 10 to 9 tooth going to change any phase of the performance vs 03 models. Thanks . g.

D

·
0 Posts
Define "turn better" lol?

It will not 'turn better" as in there will be more rolling resistance due to tighter radius track must turn around. It will allow for taller track lug which is my guess as to why AC did this. If I was a lake race or trail rider I would rather have 10t with lower profile track.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sorry for the lame general statement.What I should have said is if it is anything like a 03 Sno Pro handling will be improved.Not just the drivers that made the improvement though,lower skid & new rails.On tight corners the 03 turns a lot sharper it seems,not as much push as my 02.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm thinking it moves the pivot point of the sled. Less track on the ground ( angle of attack )for the skis to overcome.

03 ZR900

·
Registered
369 Posts
I really think they are going back to 9 tooth BECAUSE THE 10 TOOTH DRIVERS HIT THE GROUND! Yes, when your riding through 2 foot mogul section, or if you 'G' out on washout, the drivers/chassis will hit the ground. It feels like you are bottoming out the front skid frame, but it is impossible to do that. Check your front skid bumpers. I bet they look brand new (like mine). My rears are getting worn already.

I will be putting an 03 Cross Link on mine so we will see.

·
Registered
47 Posts
glk 800.
There were a number of reasons, not necessarily related to performance. I'll give you a few reasons. As busted stated, the 10 tooth drivers cased out easier. This would cause obvious problems such as possible drive axle damage, handling issues. Another reason was track to rail attitiude for skid noise reduction, ability to select additional gear ratio combinations without using small diameter top gears. And we felt we would improve some track to tunnel clearance concerns. Those are a few reason's, we just felt it would be an overall improvement. The performance is at least as good as 2003. Hope that helps you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts