Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know its been said before but i think ac should give all f7 owners an extra years warranty at the very least on the motor itself. the main reason being is that lots of f7 owners put 1,000 or more miles on thier sleds running too lean before we got the update for oil pump.

dont get me wrong i appreciate the 100.00 and the oil but i dont have a lot of confidence in my motor lasting another year!

also consumer & dealer confidence is non exsistent most of us cannot trade our f7s in because the dealer doesnt want them! or the dealers give us such a low offer its insane. we cannot sell privately because of the same reason. people have no faith in the f7 and will not buy one. so the least ac could due is back these sleds another year which may rebuild consumer, owner and dealers trust in your product. thxs for listening.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Back us up AC!! We purchased your product now support it! It really bothers me that for 04 you have a two year warranty package for a snowmobile that should have most of it's kinks out by now. Quit trying to make yourself look so good to new buyers, and support the guinea pigs that rode the 03's!
PLEASE!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
If you would have spring ordered your sled you would have had the option to get a second year warranty. On a first year model that would have been what I would have done.

Oh yeah there are people that had problems with there F5's too. But I know it's all about you guys who bought the F7's right?

·
Registered
97 Posts
i think ALL of the firecats should get an extra year. I know that if I don't I will never buy another cat again. EVER!! The only reason i haven't gotten rid of the my F7 already is because I have such a good dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Originally posted by Loch@Mar 21 2003, 02:42 PM
If you would have spring ordered your sled you would have had the option to get a second year warranty.
Wrong. I was never offered a 2 year warranty for spring ordering an 03's. Sorry, I know this post doesn’t belong here, but I had to respond.

·
Registered
485 Posts
:angry: Tshamba is right, no second year warranty when you early ordered a 2003 f-cat. Step up to the plate A/C, cover our motors for a second year !!!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I am with the rest of them on this one. I have had nothing but problems with my sled. I have put on 640miles and it's blown up twice. I am afraid to ride it anywhere. So if we blow it up again next year after are warranty is up it is going to cost us at least $1500 in parts cylinders are 626.95x2 pistons $120.95 x2 plus the o rings. and that is without labor. Iknow this is not your job to tell a/c what to do but if you could put in a word for the People who have at least blown up their motor. Thanks G-P

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by got snow@Mar 21 2003, 09:55 PM
:angry: Tshamba is right, no second year warranty when you early ordered a 2003 f-cat. Step up to the plate A/C, cover our motors for a second year !!!
got snow,

I agree, but I really think it should be more than an engine extention of the warranty. I really feel it should be a complete 1 year extension from the excisting factory warranty. There are many other things to be concerned about along with the engine that are costly components and timely labor repairs...... slide rails, stator, recoil, ecu, ect...............
-John

·
Registered
47 Posts
To All
I understand your feelings about this, but I am not in the position or department to make these decisions. The best I can do when possible, is to relay your comments to the appropriate area. I will do that when possible.

S

·
0 Posts
Thank you GLS but could you provide us with someone we may discuss this with. I am a late season purchaser and therefore have beeN lead to beleive I will not even receive the letter and oil, etc., yet I have had a problem with the skid cracking and I have scuffs on my pistons and want them replaced.

Further as earleir commented without extended warranty on this sled the value is very low and all who purchased stand to lose significant money. It would be nice for someone else from Cat to address this problem on these forums and do as you have done and help out the people who pay your cheques.

The warranty should further cover everything as I was just told a ECU is $ 1900.00 CDN to replace which is ridicules considering the costs for components is probably only a handfull of dollars. I can see why EFI will be a problem after warranty is over.

Without warranty why would anyone want to keep their sled, why would anyone buy this sled and why would anyone trade for this sled. Warranty should be addressed before early purchase so those who have them can make a rational decision on whether to keep it or trade it and if traded at least not be taken to the cleaners on a trade in only to find out down the line that if warranty is extended the dealer did not give a price that should have been given with this knowledge.

I love this sled but with all the problems spoken of, which I think is overblown yet is cause for concern, and the cost of electronic components, cylinders and so on why would I want this sled or a new one if Cat does not stand behind it.

STEP UP TO THE PLATE WARRANTY DEPARTMENT AND BE ACCOUNTABLE LIKE GLS HAS BEEN SO COURTEOUS TO DO.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by gls@Mar 22 2003, 09:24 AM
To All
I understand your feelings about this, but I am not in the position or department to make these decisions.  The best I can do when possible, is to relay your comments to the appropriate area.  I will do that when possible.
Greg,

I'm sure I am speaking for many on this board in saying "thank you" for taking the time to look over these posts and finding the time to reply with your honest and informative input. In addition, it is also greatly appreciated that you will relay comments and concerns that you are not in a position to address to the appropriate people withing Arctic Cat.

Again, thank you.
-John

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for responding GLS! B)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ditto Bigdog! The question is "will GLS respond?" I too have warranty work needed that Cat hopefully will cover. Plus I'm still wondering if Cat has even told each dealership of these problems. We all know of them from this website, but are any of them getting directed to Arctic Cat. Does'nt the headline for this one forum read "Tell it to Arctic Cat"?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Originally posted by Manitoba Man@Mar 24 2003, 08:16 PM
Ditto Bigdog! The question is "will GLS respond?" I too have warranty work needed that Cat hopefully will cover. Plus I'm still wondering if Cat has even told each dealership of these problems. We all know of them from this website, but are any of them getting directed to Arctic Cat. Does'nt the headline for this one forum read "Tell it to Arctic Cat"?
WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR SLED IN FOR WARRANTY WORK THE DEALER HAS TO SEND IN A WARRANTY REPAIR ORDER TO CAT STATING WHAT THEY HAVE DONE IN ORDER TO BE PAID, SO IN TURN A/CAT IS AWARE OF THE PROBLEMS AND THE AMOUNT OF EACH PROBLEM. YES I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A 2ND YEAR WARRANTY ON MY F7 SABERCAT (AS I JUST HAD THE MAG SIDE PISTON GO DOWN ( CHIP OF THE EDGE OF THE PISTON) ) BUT IF I DONT SEE A SECOND YEAR WARRANTY BY FALL I'LL BE GETTING THE EXTENDED WARRANTY. AND YES I'M AFAIRD TO GO OUT RIDING BY MYSELF AND ENDING UP WALKING HOME!!! :angry:

·
Registered
47 Posts
To All
I am only one of many employees here, but if given the opportunity, I will and have relayed this type of info to the correct departments. Also, I think you might be surprised how many other people here look at your comments and concerns on this and other sites.

R

·
0 Posts
Add me to the list. I said this a long time ago. Cat gave me an extra year on my 98 EFI when they changed the cylinders, so why not the F7 ^_^

1 - 17 of 17 Posts