Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greg, there seems to be way too many voids in the welds where the steering posts are welded to the chassis. I am attaching a few pics, some before, some after. The after pics are with 8 pumps on the grease gun. Is this condition normal?? This seems like a big problem, not to mention the mess it makes.

Thanks in advance

First one - Left side near intake before grease.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have more pics from different angles if need be. Also, feel free to contact me off of this board if necessary.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Greg, just wondering if the "improvements in manufacturing/welding of component pieces" you speak of on the 2004's are a fix to this problem?

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Thank you for the prompt response, please keep myself and Jay up to date on this either here or privately. Thanks again....Dan

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Me and several others have mentioned this a long time ago. I've got the same unacceptable problem with my R.H. steering post -- grease everywhere but where it's supposed to be (including possibly plugging the ECU plastic vent hose that goes down next to the airbox) and guess where most of my steering slop is coming from... you got it, the R.H. steering post. My bud's F7 has the problem on BOTH of his steering posts. This is a serious concern, especially for those of us who are concerned about the long term integrity of our sleds. Some of us just might want to keep our Fire Cats for more than one year you know!!! -- Roy

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Greg thanks for the reply. If you need more info or additional pictures let me know.

RoyT, I know this was brought up before, but nobody posted any pictures. I think that we got the response we asked for and now have to rely on GLS and Cat to take care of the situation.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Jay,

Please keep us posted if you hear anything on this particular issue and is not posted out here on the message board. Like RoyT, I have been trying to get this issue resolved since day 2 of taking delivery of my F7. Thanks!
-John

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well this is my first post on hardcore ( Have a 1M 900 and spending all my time over on snowest).I just picked up a F5 2 days ago and why I never come over to hardcoresledder before I got it beats me, but man I can not belive all the things that need addressing on the F sleds.Well I found out I have the same thing happeing on the steering with the grease comeing out as all you do.The servo cables well be a problem as well and my seat is all iced up (I can fix that on my own) Flap up the tunnel all ready been there as well and not sure on the oil pump thing yet.O' throw the rope in as well as I see thats fraying as well.If cat well have a GOOD fix for all these I can handle it but if they back off and do not fix it to last I well be a vary unhappy camper .Cat owner for 15 years and I know i had a 1996 ZRT600 . Been there before.But this time its not comeing out of my pocket.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
not to sound negative but i must admit,i'm canceling my 04 f7 order and going rev for at least 1 year until the f7 becomes more acceptable like many of the other great cat's i've owned in the past. <_<

1 - 17 of 17 Posts