Hardcore Sledder banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gls I know that you are a very busy man. But I do have a concern with this oil pump issue and the sleds that have burnt down. If it is due to the sled running lean on oil and the pistons are seizing to the cylinders. I would also think the crank bearings are not getting enough oil also. I don't want to wait for my crank bearings to go out on Dec.2 03 when my warranty is up. All because my oil pump wasn't pumping enough oil for the first 406 miles. Mine has already burnt down. This is the main reason I have a concern with this. I am also urging everyone who agrees with me to just add a reply below with your name or user name. I would trade my $100 coupon for an extended warranty in a min. Even if it is only on the engine and fuel system. I also think everyone else will agree. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. G-P

·
Registered
899 Posts
me too B)

·
Registered
831 Posts
This is basically the same post I made yesterday. Looks like everyone is on the same page!! Minnesota has had a very shortened season due to weird weather pattern. Everyone is probably doing some riding but way below normal, extended warranty for me thank you!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was worried about a first year sled so I all ready bought a 4 year ex warrenty. But if I had not I would for sure want Cat to give me another year on motor anyways. I hope I see all F-cat owners get some kind of ex warrenty. In the mean time I will take what I can get. The recalls have been a pain. Plus my dealer is an hour and a half away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would go for the extra one year warranty. My F-7 has burnt down twice. The dealer did the coolant check and it just past the test. They sent the chip in and I have not had any probelms for the last 100 miles but who knows whats next?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Fair is fair!!! Additional warranty on the engine is not to much to ask. I'm with the rest of you, keep the 100 bucks. Extend the warranty, or at least give a choice.

P.S. :wub: Love this sled!

·
Registered
47 Posts
green patriot and others.
I do read these and other posts, and do so to get information and insight into customers opinions and concerns. I believe many people here read them also. But you have to understand that I do this on my own time and by my own choice. There are probably some here that would frown on any replys I make on this or any other forum. Sometimes I can help with some issues and questions, but others I can't. It is not my call to set company policy regarding some issues. Extending warrentys would be one. Regardless of my personal opinion in this or other areas, the best I can do is make suggestions when and if I am involved in company discussions with issues like this. I work in engine design /development of high performance 2 stroke. I am more than happy to try and find the time to help, if I can answer questions in this area. The best I can say is I'll do everything I can to help.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Your help is GREATLY appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gls I want to thank you for your time in reading the post. your insight is greatly appreciated,Not only in HCS but in other forums also. It seems that you are the only real link to A/C for us. Are dealers can't seem to find anything out from A/C. Any suggestions you can make to Arctic cat for us would be of great help. I along with everyone else on HCS want to thank you again for taking your own time to read these posts. Thanks Again G-P

·
Registered
236 Posts
Originally posted by gls@Feb 11 2003, 08:17 AM
green patriot and others.
I do read these and other posts, and do so to get information and insight into customers opinions and concerns. I believe many people here read them also. But you have to understand that I do this on my own time and by my own choice. There are probably some here that would frown on any replys I make on this or any other forum. Sometimes I can help with some issues and questions, but others I can't. It is not my call to set company policy regarding some issues. Extending warrentys would be one. Regardless of my personal opinion in this or other areas, the best I can do is make suggestions when and if I am involved in company discussions with issues like this. I work in engine design /development of high performance 2 stroke. I am more than happy to try and find the time to help, if I can answer questions in this area. The best I can say is I'll do everything I can to help.
cant ask for anything more then that

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.