Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
900T XRS
338 Posts
I use Hestras "Army Leather Heli Ski 5-finger", very varm and they have removable linings too. There are several types of linings to choose from if you want to change.
I also have a thin Merino Wool Liner also from Hestra as a second liner if there is a colder day.

View attachment 2124236

Hestra Heli Ski 5 finger
I bought a pair of these for this year and liked them a lot.
Honestly though, I wanted the "Sloth" style 3 finger but they just were not as comfortable.
I'd bet with the liner being 5 finger and the glove being the Sloth it would have suited me but I was unable to get the manager at the store to swap liners, and I was not gonna purchase 2 pairs.
Anyway........ comfort, fit, ease of on & off is better than any other glove I've owned but I did not get to ride in any -20 temps this season.
I would recommend these to anyone!

·
Registered
Lynx XTrim 850 RE3500 -18, Arctic Cat JAG Z -93
302 Posts
I bought a pair of these for this year and liked them a lot.
Honestly though, I wanted the "Sloth" style 3 finger but they just were not as comfortable.
I'd bet with the liner being 5 finger and the glove being the Sloth it would have suited me but I was unable to get the manager at the store to swap liners, and I was not gonna purchase 2 pairs.
Anyway........ comfort, fit, ease of on & off is better than any other glove I've owned but I did not get to ride in any -20 temps this season.
I would recommend these to anyone!
"Sloth" haha, the previous pair I had was 3 finger but another brand, I referred to them as "Lobster" gloves.
One thing that I like a lot with the Hestras is the wristbands, you can remove your gloves and just let them hang in the wristbands instead of putting them somewhere or dropping them in the snow.
Arm Sleeve Gesture Nail Finger

These are also removable if you don't like them.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Narrowed my search down to 2 gloves at the end of last season. Looking for feedback an FXR Helium Gauntlet and Klim Powerxross Gauntlet. Ideally a comparison of the 2 from someone who’s tried both. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
FXR leather gauntlet gloves , they are warm stay dry . The only issue is the inside liner is sewn in and cannot be taken out and your hands will sweat in them for long rides . I have two pairs and switch every ride while the others dry .

·
Registered
2012 Pro R Switchback
4,256 Posts
FXR leather gauntlet gloves , they are warm stay dry . The only issue is the inside liner is sewn in and cannot be taken out and your hands will sweat in them for long rides . I have two pairs and switch every ride while the others dry .
Yup, best gloves i've had so far. Warm and once broken in they are extremely comfy

21 - 26 of 26 Posts