Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We used to talk a lot when we grass dragged our 01ZR800. We appreciated all of your and Loonytune's help and info. We had a blast racing at Haydays and Rochester. We learned a lot about grass setups (test-test-test). In the Iowa winter, we don't have a lot of time/snow to test in. I am looking for a good setup for winter, and have some questions that I can't seem to get a handle on by doing searches (so many diff. answers to the same ?) I have a stock 03 f7 with a Speedwerx pipe.(stock blew out and got this one on a barter w/ a fiend). I mostly run 89ethanol around here. I was looking at the PAC or just making one with help from another mutual local Iowa racer. I am running the D&D Big Dog clutch kit. I ran side by side w/ my buddies stock (clutch kitted) 02ZR900 until 105+. I would like your opinion on the timing key's or any other suggestions you or others may have. belts, weights, helixes, etc..... I weigh 215 and have the 1 3/8 track, no studs. Thanks, and maybe we'll see you next year at the races again. Justin and Dan. PS, I geared up a little from stock. I'd have to look at my notes to see exactly where I'm at. thanks. (I believe 23-41)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Timing key always helps, as does the pac. Those are probably the two best things you can do, but if your prone to long wot runs, this could be dangerous on 89 ethanol fuel. As for clutching, the D&D kit is already a little on the aggressive side for a big guy. Probably leave the primary alone, and tune the secondary to conditions. Nobody's tried the D&D y-pipe with the speedwerx pipe, so don't know if that would help. One inch track with studs would help a lot. Don't know if gearing up is a good idea, for a big guy with 1 3/8" track.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try the stock gears again. (If I can remember what the were.) I used to weigh about 20lbs less. When I am in WI, I can run better gas, but around here we can't get anything better than 89 ethenol without driving to another town and filling up cans. I will probably wait on the D&D until I see some tests on dynotechresearch or somewhere else. What does everyone run for gears with a simillar setup and 215lbs and 1 3/8 track?
With these mods, should I run the switch in ethenol mode...........doesn't that defeat the purpose of the timing key???

Thanks Glen,

Justin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts