1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Originally posted by F8ArcticCat@Sep 14 2005, 10:28 AM
Havent seen any hayday results. Just wondering how his cat placed.  :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=874446
[/quote]
My personal best, this year, was a second in improved 700, on Mark Kulenkamp's D&D powered sled. First was Scott Moser on his D&D powered f7, and third was Billy howard, on his D&D powered f7. As you can imagine, it was a very close race 1st through 3rd. Billy howard also won improved 600 on his D&D powered f6.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Originally posted by F8ArcticCat@Sep 14 2005, 10:48 AM
Good job Glen.. Did U not run your F9 Or F1000.. :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=874477
[/quote]
Isr does not have a class for f9. I hope to have my Prostock f10 ready for the woody's challenge at seneca falls, october 15. I drove Mark Kulenkamp's improved stock D&D f10 at haydays. Got taken out by eventual 1st and 2nd place Marchbanks and Hazard in the quarter finals(very close race). Ran 4.84 at 107.5. The two D&D f10s were the only twins to make it past the first round in improved 1000. In fact, the only cat twins to win any improved classes, were D&D engines. The big triples are still tough to beat, but we'll keep working on it.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Originally posted by hallnracing@Sep 14 2005, 11:46 AM
Isr does not have a class for f9. I hope to have my Prostock f10 ready for the woody's challenge at seneca falls, october 15. I drove Mark Kulenkamp's improved stock D&D f10 at haydays. Got taken out by eventual 1st and 2nd place Marchbanks and Hazard in the quarter finals(very close race). Ran 4.84 at 107.5. The two D&D f10s were the only twins to make it past the first round in improved 1000. In fact, the only cat twins to win any improved classes, were D&D engines. The big triples are still tough to beat, but we'll keep working on it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=874558
[/quote]
4.84 @ 107 sounds like a very good et and mph ! How does that compare to the big tripples in the class ?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Originally posted by dead1dave@Sep 14 2005, 12:18 PM
4.84 @ 107 sounds like a very good et and mph ! How does that compare to the big tripples in the class ?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=874599
[/quote]
In the round that I got beat, I ran 4.867 at 107.54 to Marchbanks' 4.863 at 106.20. I did not see any faster times, but I did not get to see all timeslips. Most of the triples seemed to be running 4.90's in the 90+ degree heat.

·
Premium Member
5,676 Posts
lenn!

It looks like you were pulling on him right at the end. Great result. As someone said earlier, Marchbank is the champ and that run was mighty close. I think he may be feelin the heat a little from the big twins. Keep up the good work.

jester

G

·
Originally posted by hallnracing@Sep 14 2005, 10:42 AM
My personal best, this year, was a second in improved 700, on Mark Kulenkamp's D&D powered sled. First was Scott Moser on his D&D powered f7, and third was Billy howard, on his D&D powered f7. As you can imagine, it was a very close race 1st through 3rd. Billy howard also won improved 600 on his D&D powered f6.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=874462
[/quote]

What was the speed and time from the D&D improved 700's?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Originally posted by Tunedf7@Sep 14 2005, 03:30 PM
What was the speed and time from the D&D improved 700's?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=874902
[/quote]
5.13 at 98mph was my best. Spun a little in the final and went 5.18, got beat by Scott's 5.15. The three D&D sleds were real close. We have all the triples covered pretty well.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
In the round that I got beat, I ran 4.867 at 107.54 to Marchbanks' 4.863 at 106.20. I did not see any faster times, but I did not get to see all timeslips. Most of the triples seemed to be running 4.90's in the 90+ degree heat.
Wow, that is real close. If you would have gone 510' you probably had him.

I'd say the end of the triples is near.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Originally posted by hallnracing@Sep 15 2005, 06:07 AM
5.13 at 98mph was my best. Spun a little in the final and went 5.18, got beat by Scott's 5.15. The three D&D sleds were real close. We have all the triples covered pretty well.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=875789
[/quote]

Holly cow, that is awesome and very intimidating. I guess you guys did some serious testing . I seen I'll have to spend some $$$$$$$$$$ to keep up . Great job and those are huge improvements from last years times. Glenn are you making more power than last year????

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Originally posted by PLUMMER@Sep 15 2005, 08:52 PM
Holly cow,  that is awesome and very intimidating.  I guess you guys did some serious testing . I seen I'll have to spend some $$$$$$$$$$ to keep up . Great job and those are huge improvements from last years times.  Glenn are you making more power than last year????
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=877175
[/quote]
Yes, there is a lot of testing involved, but we are making more power, too. Probably as much or more time on the dyno as in the field. Good news is, improved 700 motors are actually cheaper to do now, as we are using an existing stamping for the pipes.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
How much more than last year. I know I had a few less than Scotts last year at 186 or something like that. but I think I have alot to gain in the chassis. and more consistencey with the motor and ignition. What are the engine packages going for $$$ and does it matter that mine was set up already with the jaws pipes ???

Another ? I have is how much do you rely on the track dyno #'s. Mine recently was in the 94 and change area ? Sounds a little high. I haven't had time to get on the clay yet. Is there a way to fool a track dyno ? Thanks

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Originally posted by PLUMMER@Sep 16 2005, 08:21 PM
How much more than last year. I know I had a few less than Scotts last year at 186 or  something like that. but I think I have alot to gain in the chassis. and more consistencey with the motor and ignition.  What are the engine packages going for $$$ and does it matter that mine was set up already with the jaws pipes ???

Another  ? I have  is how much do you rely on the track dyno #'s. Mine recently was in the 94 and change area ? Sounds a little high. I haven't  had time to get on the clay yet. Is there a way to fool a track dyno ?  Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=878410
[/quote]
Yes, track dyno can be fooled. It is a good tool, but you can't go by the numbers alone. Give me a call, if you are interested in a motor, or even if you just want to talk. I can tell you about my experience with the track dyno. We have succesfuly converted motors that had jaws pipes to our setup, with only minor cylinder work, and a head change. Glenn 715 205 2965

1 - 15 of 15 Posts