Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our club in Nova Scotia is looking to buy a CASE tractor with a Gilbert conversion kit and a Gilbert drag. We believe it came from the Bas-Saint-Laurent area. We are wondering how the gilbert drag works compared to say a mogual master drag. Any info. would be appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi there, as for the Gilbert conversion kit I don't think it's a good idea, personnally as a groomer driver, I much prefer having a Bombardier BR-180 ou BR-250 rather than those tractors. Before buying our BR-160 our club test some tractor and none of them were doing trail as nice as the BR-160. The first thing I don't like about a tractor is the front blade, usually the blade a very small compare to the BR-160 ou BR-250. And the front blade is so important when you want to do a nice trail repairing all the corners. I don't know abour your place but they are having some problem with Gilbert tractor when there is not enough snow on the ground. The slides are overheating if there is not enough snow.

That was my opinion, if you have anymore question, just ask them I will try to answer you as soon as possible.

·
Registered
46,342 Posts
I'm not a groomer driver nor owner, but those Gilbert conversions are very popular across Quebec. Whether it being overall cost, or spare parts availablity to quickly repair a problem the tractors seem to be the way a lot of clubs have been going.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. We are just a small club with about 60 members. We don't get any assistance from our provincial gov. so we don't have a lot of money to work with. We would love to have a BR160, though it isn't in the cards at this time. :summer_sucks:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts