Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on a a prievious post that you had placed 170 studs in your F7. I am curious as to how you did this? What pattern? We are working on studding our track, and looking for a good pattern. We have been told that you can't stud the outside belt. Looking at the tunnel, it the only reason for not studding the outside because of the way the tunnel is shaped? What if you use tunnel protectors? Any help anybody could give us would be greatly sppreciated.

Thanks in advance,

BM

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, we are using a 1/2" Camoplast speed track for racing, with woody's 1.067 Ice picks. Will these hit if placed on the outside belt?

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
GF7PE, is a customer/friend of mine. We studded his and mine the same.

Using 2 singles close to the center, then 2 doubles, then 2 more doubles a little farther out. works and looks nice.You CANNOT go to the outer edges 2 or so inches or the center 1.5 inches.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A little confused. How many on each rib? 2 singles close to center on 1 rib, then 1 double on both sides of the single? That makes 6 per rib x 51 ribs = 306 studs? Not quite following. If you could explain a little more that would be great.

Thanks again,

BM

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, we see it now. We will try that. Thanks for all the help. Also, is there a big reason as to why you can't put any studs on the outside belt? Is it just because it hits the tunnel? So wouldn't protectors remedy this problem?

Thanks,

BM

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
because it is lower they will come in contact way before the center area, thus you could only run a tiny stud, and if you put protectors on the lower area, they would get ripped up :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What if we would put the protectors on the higher part, and lined them up so that they would run directly over the window, do you think there would still be a problem? We were thinking of a piece that would stick down 2 inches (because the tunnel is recessed 1/2", and there is no lug on the speed track over the window, so thats another 1/2") and that would give you an 1 inche of clearance, and the Woody's 1.060 studs would stick past the top of the lug approx. 1/2", giving us 1/2" of clearance. What are your thoughts??

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
If you put protectors that are an inch longer than the original center one...then maybe..I'd have to be looking at one while thinking about it...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, well, thanks for all the input. When you get around one, look it over and see what you think. We're gonna go look at it some more and see what we come up with. Thanks again. :D :p

Happy Holidays
BM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts