Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to change hoods on my 01 zr 600, but can`t get the speedo cable off. it looks like it might turn off, but it won`t move (haven`t tryed a wrench yet, don`t want to break anything). if you know how to get it off, post some advice real quick!! or whats that one website thing where you can see pics of how to take things about, or put them back together.

i think i can get everything else off, but the speedometer is being a pain.

·
Registered
354 Posts
if it is the cable that is under the clutch, then it just unscrews off. I am not sure if that is where the cable is on yours.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it runs from the speedometer to down under the clutch.

how do you get the little things the windsheild screws to out? i got the windshield off, but don`t know how to get those little things out.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
ok take a pair of pliers and turn the speedo cable from the back of the speedo. Not too hard to do but there is an O ring there that makes it a litttle hard to do by hand. Now to get the little things that hold the winshiel out just push them out with your thum or a screw driver. If this doesnt work push them from the front with a screw driver.
Later Darren

·
Registered
49 Posts
yea, their right , use some pliers to break cable free from the speedo, and the rubber compression screws, if your doing it by hand, just give them a twist and pull or push, which ever feels easiest, they should spin right out.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay, i got them out like you said too. i just wanted to make sure i wouldn`t break anything, since those parts are pretty stubborn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts