Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 30 miles of riding on my F5 snopro my oil light comes on. It mostly happens when going around corners, lifting the skis off the ground while jumping etc.. I went to my dealer today and told him about it and he ordered me a new oil sensor no questions asked.. Do you guys think this will solve the problem. Eventhough there is plenty of oil in the resevoir that damn light is annoying.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
in previous cats the sensor was on the top of the bottle as well. I think it is a float like the one in the gas tank. Not sure though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Could this have anything to do with the "Service Bulletin #2003-1-11 - Oil Level Sending Unit" I received in the mail on 11/20/02 from my dealer?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Mine did the same thing after about 100 miles, first when cornering it started to blink on and off, then it stayed on. Main resevoir was full, just burned out of the neck.

The dealer is ordering a new sensor, hope that does the job.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Yes it is a float like in the gas tank...also previous year cats all had the sensor on the top. The problem I think is the lenght of the sensor. If it was longer, more oil would get burned before the light comes on. Maybe cat will figure this out and come out with an updated sensor. Also, maybe it is the bulletin? The oil on my F7 is past the bottom of the neck and the light still isn't on.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
cat bulletin # 2003-1-11, is what was posted awhile ago, for oil sending unit
maybe cat had some left over and gave it the old minnesota try
but it failed like the minn. twinns
had to add that my buddy plays for the anaheim angels

1 - 10 of 10 Posts