Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in the Polaris 136'' rail and tunnel ext. kit but when riding riding I don't think its getting enough snow with the rear cooler in its same 121'' location .

Anyone else ........... ?????

Jeff

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I put in the Polaris 136'' rail and tunnel ext. kit but when riding riding I don't think its getting enough snow with the rear cooler in its same 121'' location .

Anyone else ........... ?????

Jeff[/b]
Jeff what track are you running?What temps are you seeing?I have a 135x1.5 and my temps are right around 144 when on hardpacked trails.I also have a rkt head without the thermostat which makes it run cooler also.Mine runs perfect and 10 times better now with the 136.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm running the POLARIS rails and Tunnel ext. with a 136" x 1.25" Ripsaw w/108 studs . Ran it in good snow conditions too .............. not too happy . It would run 135-150 all the time now its running 165-180 ...... !!!!!!! Fuck !!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
at 180 the ECM starts adding fuel and pulling timing out, and that means less power.

Did you open the cooling circuit anywhere to possibly get air in there? bleeding the air out can be a difficult task on these sleds.

Did you shorten your flap at all? That will get them hot real quick.

Where are you riding? how deep is the snow?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
at 180 the ECM starts adding fuel and pulling timing out, and that means less power.

Did you open the cooling circuit anywhere to possibly get air in there? bleeding the air out can be a difficult task on these sleds.

Did you shorten your flap at all? That will get them hot real quick.

Where are you riding? how deep is the snow?[/b]
As stated ..... snow conditions were real good. Flap is stock , all coolent blead ..............

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Check the system and bleed it again. Add a longer snowflap. Some guys are unhooking the front rad, and blocking the lower hose I believe to the overflow tank, to force the coolant through the coolers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts