Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two of my friends with GenII sleds have bent the steering post more than once... is the design really that weak? Both of them have big risers on the bars, like 6" or more, but I believe both of them managed to do it even without the riser... I'm curious because the 00' 600XC I'm riding really needs a riser, but I'm kinda scared that I will end up with the same headache. I'm definately not as agressive of a riser, but the stock bars are really too low for much stand-up riding.. ( I'm 5'11", probably over 6' with my boots on.) IF I do raise the bars it will be 2", 3" tops.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Yes the steering post is flimsy. I bent the steering post the first jump I took with my sled. The first thing I tried was hammering a rod into the center of the steering post tube. That didn't help since the post bends then farther down. I pulled the rod out and filled the post with epoxy. Helped somewhat. I added an extra upper mount but still the post bends way too easily. Next thing I'm been thinking about trying is raising the mount I added closer to the bars and drilling out the epoxy and hammering a rod back in the middle of the post. My sled has been great but the steering post is a pos.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts