Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, so received my gabes clutch kit today finally after a hold up at the border.

so now i have a fairly dumb question that i should know the answer to but don't...how do i select which angle to run? its marked on the helix which grove, but how do i insert it into the secondary to know exactly thats the angle im running and not the alternate one?:dunno:

still getting by on his looks,

ZR800efi, esq.:roflmao:

·
Registered
40,027 Posts
Yep tax angles are stamped above/out on the face of the helix. You should of been instructed what angle is recommended with your primary clutch setup.

·
Vendor
10,073 Posts
gabes like us don't give up the angles used. ours are machined and stamped #1 or #2 NSP and a code H-2, R-1, A etc. he should have a arrow stamped or mark on what angle he wants you to use. arrow angle line up with the x on the movable sheave which should be lined up with the x on the roller plate? as placing the helix over the roller's you should be able tell if it's in the right slot just before the helix is fully seated. little trick here is to remove the belt deflection bolt/nut. helix will fall into place. the one adjusting screw cock's the movable sheave with the helix out of it.

·
Registered
40,027 Posts
Just drill, and tap another hole 180 degrees apart for a 2nd belt deflection screw, and you won't have the issue of cocking or trying to pry the helix out.

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gabes like us don't give up the angles used. ours are machined and stamped #1 or #2 NSP and a code H-2, R-1, A etc. he should have a arrow stamped or mark on what angle he wants you to use. arrow angle line up with the x on the movable sheave which should be lined up with the x on the roller plate? as placing the helix over the roller's you should be able tell if it's in the right slot just before the helix is fully seated. little trick here is to remove the belt deflection bolt/nut. helix will fall into place. the one adjusting screw cock's the movable sheave with the helix out of it.
yes there ya go . line up the numbers with the x on the backside of the secondary. thats what i was after.

thanks rick.

and oh yeah , the angle is clearly marked with a marker saying 'this one here ' with an arrow haha.:bc:

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just waiting on the delrin to get here then ill pop off the secondary and get this set up for next winter. changing weights as recommended to the 66's and springs.1.9 gearing he said was spot on for what i want it for.

over the summer i think ill invest in some studs and rebuild the rear shocks and call it good for next season.

thanks folks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts