Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F7 Sno Pro comes with 22/41 gears and a 72 pitch chain. I am trying to replace the top spocket with a 19. The AC performance manual and D&D say a 72 chain will work. i put them all in and i have too much slop to clean up with the tensioner. So i went and bought a 70 chain, and that is to tight to even fit on the shafts. How can I make this gear combo work? Will I have to go to a 20/41 to make it work? Help me please, I think I am overlooking something.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Yup, but if it don't fit it don't work :)

Did you try to take the adjuster out and slide the top gear on just a tiny bit, then the bottom...

·
Registered
1 Posts
On our 2003 sno pro the chain is so tight that they come with no adjuster, If you heat your chain and remove the bearin from the spedometer drive side of the tunel you gain just enough to get the cahin and gears on!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Idont know If I would heat anything........not all combinations are possible with a new chain.......If you chain is used a bit they will stretch a little.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just try 20/39 on my f-7 .pro,at first the chain look loose,but i had to screw the tensioner
little more . 22/41 =105 mph,23/40 103 mph, 20/39 102 mph but, much more top end
and take off.I am gone a live it 20-39 ,it pull verry hard at top end.take off the slack of the opposite side of tensioner first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts