Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,i am installing a 136" track on my 99' 500XC.I was wondering what gearing is recommended for it.I usually ride ditches,and like a lot of low end power.Would a 20 tooth top gear(already installed) and a 39 tooth bottom gear with a 66P chain work well? Any info is appreciated. Trav

·
Registered
79 Posts
Drop at least 1 tooth on top, which should work with the stock chain. Your best bet would be to add a tooth on the bottom along with dropping one on the top.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info.I think i might try the gearing combo i have now(20/41) and see how it works out.As far as clutching i already have the seconary spring in the second "hole"and i am planning on putting a different primary spring in to bring my engaugement rpm higher (probably a white EPI).Trav

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well the snow is starting,so i thought id bump this up and get some more info on gearing and clutching my sled so its ready for the season. So does anyone have any more info for me? Thanks,Trav[/b]
I ve got the same sled.I cant remeber what I ended up doing but it will run with my 06 500 xcsp.I have it written down in the shop Ill get it posted when I find it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks id appreciate it. Heres a pic of mine. Trav[/b]
My kit is for sale. I am selling the rear skid with rail extensions. 1" camoplast challanger track and tunnel extension. $600 OBO Th track alone cost $350 it is not studded and has less than 500 miles on it. I have it on my wifes sled and it pushes her to much in the corners. I love it but I also have 80 pounds on her 120, lol! Once you do it you ll ask yourself why you didnt sooner. The added traction alone is worth it. Not to mention the ride is much better than the extra 10 with a 121.

·
Registered
92 Posts
OK, next question, where'd you get it.I have the exact same sled, with the 136. Just picked it up a couple of weeks ago and am just changing a few things to make it more my own. Thats about all I can do since I broke my leg a week after I brought it home.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts