Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to gear down my sled for 660 drags. I dropped 4 teeth on the top sprocket and got a 70 pitch chain instead of the stock 72. The chain is still just a little short and the 72 is too long. The sled has reverse so I was trying to stay away from the bottom gear. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Try to use a chain that is a little long , like a used one if it possable. The problem is that idler gear in the reverse that is causing your chain to be to short. I f you can try to change your bottom to a regular gear just for grass or 660. accmg

·
Registered
464 Posts
I asked the same question a month or so ago. Did you miss it? do a search. I believe it said that you should go down to a 19 on the top. Have you messed with clutching. That solved alot of my issues! also you might want to think about the timing key. I am ever so close to putting one in for my sabercat. I just am not sure if i need to go any faster. just :m2c:

Karl

congrats on the 800. Is that stock??? hehehehhe :doh:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by Karlmich@Oct 2 2005, 04:06 PM
I asked the same question a month or so ago. Did you miss it? do a search. I beive it said that you should go down to a 19 on the top. Have you messed with clutching. That solved alot of my issues! also you might want to think about the timing key. I am ever so close to putting one in for my sabercat. I just am not sure if i need to go any faster. just  :m2c:

Karl
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=904082
[/quote]
Is there such a thing as not needing to go faster ? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
If your racing you sure don't need reverse so change it to the gearing you want. The chain needs to be tight or it might ratchet the chain with the reverse idler in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts