Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see in alot of older post, guys recomending 25/41 or 24/41 for gearing. I put on a slp single pipe, v force 3 reeds and tried about 6 or 7 clutch set ups. I never did mess with the gearing so I was 25/40 all last season. Several times when riding for extended periods of time, especially on mealy conditions, the clutches would get super hot. Will trying different gearing help with the heat problem and what can I expect for performance gains or losses????? Or should I try somehow to get my hands on a hyper lite clutch??????????
Also....What are guys getting for mpg on these things. Mine is an absolute pig on gas. Regardless on how I rode it, I could barely get 100 miles to a tank of gas!!!!!

Pro x2 800
slp pipe with can
V force 3 reeds
450 mains
stock gearing

·
Registered
739 Posts
:banghead: I tried alot of clutch stuff had my sled dynoed. The shop that worked on my said that pipes can be a waste of money. The 800 needs air. gut the air box flow rites. I got 148.5 hp and my brother got 154 hp same sled but different can .The guy said that theses are great numbers for our sleds. Every sled is different. The most he has got out of an 04 800 164 hp racing fuel head work and so on. Build the sled for 660ft and thats it. There is no top end on prox800 or proxr800. My sled is faster than my brothers and he has more hp its in the clutching part of it. I will try different stuff this year and let everybody know what works. oh and I have know trouble beating F7s in a 660 race.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Originally posted by vintageblizzard@Sep 18 2005, 05:42 PM
I see in alot of older post, guys recomending 25/41 or 24/41 for gearing. I put on a slp single pipe, v force 3 reeds and tried about 6 or 7 clutch set ups. I never did mess with the gearing so I was 25/40 all last season. Several times when riding for extended periods of time, especially on mealy conditions, the clutches would get super hot. Will trying different gearing help with the heat problem and what can I expect for performance gains or losses????? Or should I try somehow to get my hands on a hyper lite clutch??????????
Also....What are guys getting for mpg on these things. Mine is an absolute pig on gas. Regardless on how I rode it, I could barely get 100 miles to a tank of gas!!!!!

Pro x2 800
slp pipe with can
V force 3 reeds
450 mains
stock gearing
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=880634
[/quote]
i wouldnt worry too much about the 100 miles to a tank, ive been riding for yrs and no matter what ive been on we always figured 100 miles a tank,

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Originally posted by vintageblizzard@Sep 18 2005, 04:42 PM

Pro x2 800
slp pipe with can
V force 3 reeds
450 mains
stock gearing
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=880634
[/quote]

Hot clutches are caused by to much load on the belt and slippage. to help cool them off go to 24/41 gearing witch will still run about 110~115 if you have the HP.... My prox 700 has the same parts on it with a RTK head also.

I am running 140-330 primary spring, 10-66, 70-44.46 er helix, red/blue spring with 24/41 gearing.

I know the 800 has more TQ so it should pull 68 gram weights no problem maybe even 70 g ! Gear it down then redo the clutching. Load the motor down to run 7850 peak rpm , some will argue the fact but I would remove the shelf in the airbox also.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
tempaflow will add 2 mpg maybe more to your fuel economy.... I can get over 13 mpg with my 700 with a 136 x 1.25" studded track on hard pack ( speeds around 40~50 mph)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts