Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting a 136/1.75 track on my stock 99 xc/sp 700. I have no clue on figuring out gearing and clutching. I have always run a stock sled. Can someone suggest a gear ratio and clutch set up? I was told by a buddy to get a chain to take the dog leg out, so do i do that by changing the gears or buying a new chain? Thanks.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Looks like we have some snow, more snow to the west of Mound. Maybe I will have to take the mod out for the madden voyage, it's about time. The gearing I told you about is what I run in my 136 wedge mod.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have a 24 top and a 40 bottom now. that gives me 74.24. so can i still use the stock chain? i also have a different chart that tells me the 22/41 combo and my stock 24/40 combo use a 70 pitch chain with a 7.050 center distance chaincase. am i doing something wrong? or maybe i have the wrong chart. like i said before, this gearing stuff is new to me. thanks for the help guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.