Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a "royal distributing" (after market) lower gear last year, and now the damn thing will not come off. Tried prying....don't want to crack the rear case..... tried heating.... little tough to get heat down there...
still it won't budge!!! :banghead: :banghead:
[attachment=106905:attachment]
Any tips?
Who makes a gear puller that's short enough to get in there?

Thanks!!

:beerchug:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Yah, thats what you need is a small gear puller. I have had the same problem but I do have a small puller but I can't remember where I got it. Sorry :dunno: .

Auggie

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Gunner, I sell car parts...just looking in a LISLE tools catalog...part number 54000 is a battery terminal puller, it is small and may open up enuf. It is the smallest puller I know of, I think.

Your local auto parts store or crappy tire may have this tool, so you can go look at it to see if it opens up wide enuf.

edit..I don't have it in stock, or I'd look at it for you!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by 87gtNOS@Oct 20 2005, 08:38 AM
Gunner, I sell car parts...just looking in a LISLE tools catalog...part number 54000 is a battery terminal puller, it is small and may open up enuf.  It is the smallest puller I know of, I think.

Your local auto parts store or crappy tire may have this tool, so you can go look at it to see if it opens up wide enuf.

edit..I don't have it in stock, or I'd look at it for you!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=942649
[/quote]

87gtNOS, thanks for looking!
A visit to the local crappy T as suggested, $15 later ... small gear puller.... PRESTO, it's off!
LOL the $saved on the after market gear bought the gear puller...plus the frustration last night.

:beerchug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts