Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok what is involved in changing gears to 23 /40 is this a job for a novice? what would a dealer charge? also do i need to make clutch changes or can i run stock clutch with the 23/40 and still get noticable results?
a good setup for me would be the fastest et from 0 to 90-95 i really dont care about the top end as there are limited safe places to wind it out. B) sorry this post is repetitive but i am new to all the performance mods used to be happy just riding now id like to start tinkering :wacko:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the big dog is a clue dan a "slim 300" before breakfast hehe i need help staying with all them little 200 pounders! B)

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
I see, you are a lightweight.....I would stay with stock gears then. But I would first see what the stock clutching revs to. We can adj. kits to help compensate for weight. should be real close first shot.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i really thought about the 900 but i liked the suspension on the firecat and the fact that the dealer agreed to to throw in the big boy shock/spring kit. oh and the firecat is just one sweeet/mean looking machine!\

looks like one of your clutch kits maybe the answer dan. oh boy 8hrs overtime = 1 clutch kit= one fast bigdog! i bet newton couldnt of solved that equation. thxs for the help dan. :angry: wife hid the credit card :angry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts