Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about coming up to gaylord/waters on next wednesday the 23rd. If I leave my house around 4 am. I will get there about 8-8:30. I have ridden this area numerous times and was thinking about coming up to ride a couple hrs and go back home. I need to a couple things:

A. Which is better to do, park in waters or park in gaylord and where?
B. Will any be around that day to do some riding, more than likely coming up by myself?

Any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
527 Posts
I am thinking about coming up to gaylord/waters on next wednesday the 23rd. If I leave my house around 4 am. I will get there about 8-8:30. I have ridden this area numerous times and was thinking about coming up to ride a couple hrs and go back home. I need to a couple things:

B. Will any be around that day to do some riding, more than likely coming up by myself?

Any help greatly appreciated[/b]
Ferderic has a staging area right off 75 on the trail.West side of 75.

·
Registered
527 Posts

Any help greatly appreciated[/b]
Ferderic has a staging area right off 75 on the trail.West side of 75.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Sledheads in Fredrick has let me park out back before. Really nice guy.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was also thinking about stopping in grayling and parking there, riding up to gaylord/wolverine and back. I will have about 6 hours of riding time and want to get the most out of it. Anyone know mileage from grayling to wolverine and back? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Tom

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Was also thinking about stopping in grayling and parking there, riding up to gaylord/wolverine and back. I will have about 6 hours of riding time and want to get the most out of it. Anyone know mileage from grayling to wolverine and back? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Tom[/b]
I would think if you headin straight up trail 7 it'd be around 70 miles by sled

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Get off at exit 251 at the top of the exit ramp turn left, go down about 1/2 mile and turn right down the street where the hotel/gas station is, park out back behind the gas station, trail is right there.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Go to Waters exit 270
Go to the Keg park their for the day.....

Great food......Great food......
Gas around the corner.....no snowmobiles stolen from the area that I know of
and I live in Water, work and Play here too.
30 sec from the high way......trust me dont go to fredrock......
much better food and nicer people around here too......and service....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The keg has good food, I am decently familiar with that area because my buddy lived on lake marjorie for the past 3 yrs until he moved back last summer. He is a salesman and he finally was relocated back to where we all grew up and currently live. He couldn't swing keeping his lake house and building a new house down here so the waters house had to go. I think the road he lived on was called the "Boardwalk" . You could get to his house two ways, exit 270, left on top of the hill and then a left on the boardwalk entrance and go all the way through the woods or go all the way down the hill and turn left on the road the waters inn is on and it was down about 3/4 mile on your left.( dirt road back to the houses )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts