Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on going riding in the Gaylord area this weekend but I cant get an accurate trail report-everyone has a different opinion. The trail report on fishweb.com claims there is a 10-14" base but I find that hard to beleive. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would not bother going..WHy tear up the trails when they are really not ready....If we look back on last year all we heard was everyone complaining about how terrible the trails were...As for me ...I am going to wait..Hey..it's only the first week of december...

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
When I left Sunday at 6pm, there was 11 inches at the corner of Old Alba rd and West Otsego Lk rd. Called the person that lives up there across the street from cabin and they have 5 inches of new snow Monday and it is snow now, expecting 1-2 tonight and expected a lake effect storm on Sat.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mike- did you ride when you were up there? Are you going this weekend?

I agree with AC about letting the trails set up but if there is that much snow they should be decent by now.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I am in Cadillac and it's snowing right now!! Gaylord would have to be good

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Yes I did some riding out there on Sunday (115). The trails were in better shape on Sunday then most of last year except for the weekend the 18" fell in the first part of March. I saw now snirt at all, all white. Leaving Friday evening to do some riding on Sat/Sun.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I am in Blue Lake Twp as we speak. That is about 10 miles NW of Frederic, in the middle of the Blue Bear Trail.
Just came in for lunch, and the trails between here and Frederic are hard pack with some occasional dirty snow. The ORV trails and off trail riding has around 8 inch of powder, and I will probably run the Blue Bear after I am done here to see how that is. It is snowing a little right now, suppose to get 2-3 in. tonight.

Kevin

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey Kevin, wish I was there! Send me an email or post after your ride. We're looking at coming up tommorrow night.

Thanks!

Arctic2

·
Registered
861 Posts
Just back to the cabin with 59 miles on the Firecat ! So far so good, no bog, no stall, just a nice throaty growl.
There is about 10 inches of snow here NW of Frederic. It snowing lightly still and they are forcasting around 3 inches by tomorrow morning.
Trails in all are hard pack with some Snirt. Guys I talked to who had riden down from Gaylord said about the same up that way. Off trail seems to be the best option for keeping the base we have, but it is as good on the trails as it was alot of last Jan/Feb.
If anyone is going to be up in this area tomorrow morning, Post me. I am riding alone till the family comes up tomorrow evening.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I haven't rode here (Cadillac) Yet but we are going to sunday. Having My trailer decaled Saturday and I have to work in the morning anyway. Any of You guys Riding Caddy this weekend?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Captainkev,have they plowed the roads around starvation lake down to pavement? I rode up to Alba from Bear Lake sunday and the snow was pretty sparse along 131. So I turned around and did the roads between there and Fredrick since the trails were snirt. Are you up there during the week, always looking for somene to ride with during week days.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Nethawk,

I didn't ride over that way today as I was just breaking in the F7 and checking out some of my favorite short hops.
Cameron Bridge is ridable to Frederic. It is about like it was most of last winter.
I went out just before dark and picked up the Blue Bear at the Gas Line Hills.
It seemed OK, a little icy in spots, but OK overall. I have a feeling though the yahoos are going to tear it up this weekend.
Off trail, powerlines, and Gas Easments are in real good shape, and lots of unbroken 8-12 in. powder to play in.
I am going to run the Blue Bear all the way around in the morning and I will post conditions here.
I am here some during the week and would enjoy hooking up to ride sometime.

Kevin

·
Registered
574 Posts
Capatainkev,

Sounds like some good news! We'll be up this weekend, can't make it for the morning though.

We're at the end of Merrell St. on the north side. Trailer at the bottom of the hill.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Captainkev I'll be in Gaylord Friday morning hopefully around 10:00-10:30. Not sure where we're going to stage. Give me a call at 248-921-5978 if you want to hook up. Jeff

1 - 20 of 20 Posts