Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is everyone heading in the lower for this weekend?

Forecast looks like snow through the rest of the week..should be good to go.

Where is everyone going who isn't heading to the U.P.?

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The U.P. only has snow in certain spots it seems, which means everyone who is going to the U.P. will be there.

The trails won't be lasting very long, I might hold off and just mess around in the lower... :beerchug:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Starvation Lake. But I was going there anyway. The snow is just a bonus. If the snow happens to mel and people are bored with nothing to do, I'll be running wire at the cabin. I have a few more circuits to put in (just a thought :smile)

AWK

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm in Elmira. We've got about 6 inches in the woods, but the fields are getting scoured by the wind. Snow's still coming down, but it's just fluff. No base on the trails yet, so snirt is already developing near Otsego Lake. We need some heavy wet stuff. This snow we're getting now packs down to a little more than nothing.

NOTE:

THE LAKES ARE NOT, I REPEAT, NOT FROZEN OVER YET!

Otsego Lake (one of the shallowest, early freezers) had mostly OPEN WATER on it yesterday. I would say that no lake will be safe enough to ride on until at least the end of January, if it stays cold. So no lake bakin, drag racin - sorry. :banghead:

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where do you test at around LON?[/b]
I haven't been out there this year but I guess they've been running down the trail area there next to the drag strip.

Come on out, we'll be there Friday and Saturday for sure. Hope to get some sleds together.

The radar runs are supposed to be good to go if weather permits.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I haven't been out there this year but I guess they've been running down the trail area there next to the drag strip.

Come on out, we'll be there Friday and Saturday for sure. Hope to get some sleds together.

The radar runs are supposed to be good to go if weather permits.[/b]
Their is a nice field right by the camp ground that usualy has a nice drag strip on it. it is on the far side along the tree line.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I will be in Gaylord this weekend. :banana: Anyone over there want to do some racin, oh I mean testin?:banana:

·
Registered
912 Posts

The radar runs are supposed to be good to go if weather permits.[/b]
Lakes of the North and the Antrim County snowmobile club are both still planning on radar runs this weekend.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts